Maintenance Technician (Omaha, NE) 8/26/2016
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title
Maintenance Technician (Omaha, NE)
Auto Req ID
* Works to assist in the operations and maintenance of all facilities operations within a building or multiple buildings within a region.
* Provides electrical and mechanical support for the assigned buildings. This role has wide ranging responsibilities including low/medium voltage power, HVAC system and controls, mechanical system troubleshooting, preventive maintenance, emergency response, general maintenance, carpentry, plumbing system and vendor management.
* Primary responsibilities will include electrical/mechanical support for power systems, boilers, chillers and controls, lighting systems and controls, emergency management systems, building automation and other facility subsystems and support tools.
* Delivers the on time and accurate completion of work assignments via the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS). This covers both customer and preventative maintenance service tickets.
* Completes all facilities related reports accurately and on time following all policies for record keeping.
* Maintain a positive and supportive relationship with the facility manager, site leader and key client contacts to insure customer needs are understood and met. Work closely with the facility manager and customers to ensure service delivery meets or exceeds expectations.
* Support the Facilities Manager in the implementation of short and long-term projects that apply to the MT position.
* This position performs general maintenance on all facets of facility equipment and infrastructure.
* Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
* Maintains service documentation.
* Performs all facility equipment repairs within the scope of the contract.
* Maintains and secures all tools, parts, equipment and supplies in clean and safe condition.
* Acts as a resource for all partners in equipment and service maintenance.
* Candidate must be willing to work in a multi-skilled team environment.
* Flexibility to ensure all daily operations and maintenance tasks are accomplished
* Recommends capital improvements to the Facility Manager.
* Checks with the Facility Manager to ensure all on site work has an approved client Purchase Order in place before any work begins.
* Follows the annual IPMP performance plan; accomplish Key Performance Indicators as agreed with client in the Objectives of the Performance Agreement for the position.
* Ensure compliance with all required environmental, health and safety standards
* Actively share innovations and best practices with the best practice owner or facilities management leadership.
* Provide oversight of contractors when on site ensuring each contractor is following all client and JLL polices and ensuring the delivery of the service is completed correctly.
* Effectively participates in the JLL computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) ticket program by completing all assigned tickets from customers and the preventative maintenance program within the Service Level Agreement parameters.
* When required assists with SMS (Service Management Suite) tickets with in the set time frame required for approvals. Understands that no work is to progress unless an approved SMS ticket is in place.
* Ensures completion of the preventative maintenance program for the building(s)
* Monitors the quality and pricing of maintenance work performed by outside contractors.
* Orders and maintains supply and equipment parts inventories as assigned by the Facility Manager.
* Complies with all policies and procedures established for the building.
* Ability to work long hours occasionally, some weekends and responds onsite to support emergencies.
* Acts as the on-call technician for the portfolio of office buildings as assigned by the Facility Manager.
* Actively participates in emergency response procedures, technical and safety training programs.
* Perform all work using the proper safety equipment and in a safe manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Strong organizational skills.
* Experience in the trades of HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry or relevant building systems.
* Good general computer skills with knowledge in email, Internet, smart phone, Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Person must be a self-motivated individual who can work independently or in a team environment.
* Required to work overtime to meet operational needs and deadlines as approved by the Facility Manager.
* Knowledge of maintenance and operation of building automation, water treatment and fire life safety systems.
* Good interpersonal skills and a positive team attitude.
* Strong customer service orientation.
* Excellent English language verbal and written communication skills.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT / CONDITIONS
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk long distances and climb ladders to cover property portfolio.
* The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
* In general the Maintenance Technician will work in Client s contact center environment which involves day-to-day interaction with the client s employees, as well as day-to-day communication with the Facility Manager for the delivery of services to the JLL client at a facility.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* High school diploma or GED.
* 2 years field experience and trade school training OR 5 years total field experience.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
* Universal CFC certification desirable.
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.1 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from