This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONResponsibilities:Under moderate supervision, the Maintenance Technician performs general internal maintenance, grounds maintenance, and housekeeping for the location.
1.Performs general maintenance such as minor drywall construction, plumbing, and painting (interior and exterior).
2. Repairs office furniture and equipment to ensure reliable and efficient operation.
3. Constructs and installs office equipment, walls, partitions, and building components.
4. Assists with outside building maintenance contractors for the entire facility and some upkeep of the grounds (ice and snow removal, etc.).
5. Performs general housekeeping duties to including common areas such as restrooms, lobby and lunchroom; operates floor scrubber machine.
6. Develops preventative maintenance schedules and spare-parts requirements for assigned systems and equipment.
7. Maintains accurate equipment records and work entry logs.
8. Responsible for daily safety checks such as weekly eye wash station inspection and sprinkler room test valve inspections.
9. Responsible for the forklift equipment batteries and battery changing in addition to overall responsibility for the battery area.
10. Keeps in compliance with and abreast of OSHA regulations
Qualifications:* High School Diploma or Equivalent
* Minimum 1 year experience in related field
* Minimum one year experience as a technician. Advanced ability in one of the following trades customarily acquired through vocational technical education and or formal apprenticeship program- electrical repairs, inspecting work of subcontractors, sheet metal work, pneumatic repairs and computer knowledge of control heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration.
* Basic ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, using the English language
* Strong mechanical aptitude, and a working knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems
* Ability to operate tools, gauges, and meters associated with trade
* Familiar with local building codes and OSHA regulations
* Ability to read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
* Proficient using E-Mail
* Must be a self-starter who can work well with people at all levels both in and out of the location.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision
Pay, Benefits and Work Schedule:Office Depot offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button. Equal Employment Opportunity:
Office Depot is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. .