Boston Properties - Reston, VAThis job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- Boston Properties Boston Properties
- Reston, VA
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- Full Time
- Entry Level (0 - 2 years)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Company Ref #
- not providednot provided
- AJE Ref #
- [+] More
Boston Properties, Inc. (NYSE: BXP) develops, acquires, manages, operates and owns Class A office properties with locations in Boston, Washington DC, Midtown Manhattan, San Francisco and New Jersey.
Primary Purpose of Position:
• Maintain the integrity of all building systems, operate the building in an efficient manner, and perform a variety of tenant services while maintaining positive tenant relations in accordance with Boston Properties’ established operational and safety procedures.
• Assist in the efficient operation, maintenance and repair of all building and site systems for assigned properties. Building systems include but are not limited to HVAC, electrical, lighting, plumbing, energy management, water treatment, hardware, keying and fire protection.
• Perform and/or assist in the installation, fabrication, construction, troubleshooting and repair or maintenance of complex mechanical and electrical equipment. Perform various maintenance services (snow removal, etc) and tenant services as required.
• Receive work assignments, plan and/or generate work to be performed and obtain necessary tools, equipment and materials. Complete assignments and paperwork in a timely manner.
• Assist in the monitoring of contractors, inspecting work and generating deficiency lists.
• Provide proper care to the assigned equipment, tools, and uniforms. Keep the shop, penthouse equipment rooms and common areas clean, organized and safe.
• Follow inspection and service procedures outlined in the preventative maintenance and loss control programs. Conduct and/or provide support in the day-to-day completion, organization and accuracy of preventive maintenance and loss control.
• Accurately complete tenant requests, repair work and related records for the respective site/buildings as required. Follow applicable government / local authority requirements (e.g. Orders of Condition) and other records for assigned properties.
• Regularly inspect all areas of the site/building(s) and communicate deficiencies as well as suggestions for improvements and take initiative to correct as appropriate.
• Employ service procedures and techniques in accordance with established procedures.
• Maintain logs on daily activities and events as required.
• Effectively communicate to the appropriate party/parties the status and activity of building operations and conditions and promptly report any potential or existing problems.
• Available for various shifts, to fill in for other staff, and to work extended hours, nights, weekends and holidays to ensure adequate building coverage and perform necessary repairs as needed. Respond to after hours emergencies such as fire, flooding, severe weather (including but not limited to snow and ice removal) power outage and other related situations including clean-up activities per on-call procedures or as requested in critical situations.
• Promote and maintain a high standard in the operation and appearance of the properties. Promote, establish and maintain positive relations with tenants via proactive communication, routine follow-up and a high level of customer service.
Requirements and Qualifications:
• High school diploma or equivalent educational certification preferred.
• A minimum of 0 to 2 years of experience as a Maintenance Technician / Building Engineer.
• A minimum of 0 to 2 years equivalent training experience required including working knowledge of commercial office building systems.
• Training and/or certification in HVAC or Operating Engineering Technologies and/or job related training and experience highly desirable; strong mechanical aptitude preferred.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as a productive member of a team.
• Ability to organize and coordinate work efficiently, and prioritize in a demanding work environment.
• Ability to participate in on-call schedule for after hour calls required. This may include working alternative schedules during on-call period (e.g. 7:00am – 3:30pm or 12:00pm – 8:30pm, etc.)
• Familiarity of OSHA, NFPA and Life Safety codes and regulations preferred.
• Technical and problem solving abilities including those related to mechanical controls and Building Automation Systems.
• Basic skills necessary to operate computer for general day to day work and communication.
• Ability to effectively communicate in writing as needed.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks.
• Flexibility to work at various properties that may be assigned from time to time.
• Possess knowledge of safe and efficient operation of all equipment, power and hand tools, including but not limited to, a snow blower.
• Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record when required.
• License(s) for applicable jurisdiction and equipment as preferred based on location:
? Massachusetts Properties - Refrigeration Trainee’s License (Preferred)
? DC Properties – DC 6th Class Steam Engineer’s License
? Maryland Properties – 3rd Grade Stationary Engineer’s License
? Virginia Properties -- NIULPE 3rd Class Engineer’s Certificate
? Operating or Steam engineering license
? CFC training and certification or ability to obtain certification for the type of equipment serviced (Universal Certification preferred)
Competitive base salary plus bonus and excellent benefits package.
To apply, submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Maintenance Technician - DC” in the subject line of the email.
No agencies please.
Boston Properties is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K / Retirement Plan
- Sick Leave