Maintenance Technician / Skilled Trade
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
ThyssenKrupp Presta North America
Terre Haute, IN
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About ThyssenKrupp
thyssenkrupp AG (TK) is a leading global diversified technology and materials group based in Essen, Germany. It has 160,000 employees in nearly 80 countries working with passion and expertise to develop technologies, products and services for sustainable progress. Their skills and commitment are the basis for our success. In fiscal year 2013/2014, the Group generated sales of 41 billion (approximately $51.7 billion).
Globally, the company comprises seven business areas (BA): Steel Europe, Steel Americas, Materials Services, Elevator Technologies, Components Technologies, Plant Technologies and Marine Systems, which serve clients across the automotive, aerospace, industrial and chemical sectors.
In North America, thyssenkrupp companies offer a range of products and services, including: high-performance alloys, automotive components, elevators, escalators and moving walks, material trading, handling and logistics, plant construction and industrial services. In fiscal year 2013/2014, thyssenkrupp companies in North America employed approximately 20,500 people and generated sales of 9 billion (approximately $11.4 billion) in Canada, the United States and Mexico.
In 2011, thyssenkrupp adopted a regional organizational structure to streamline decision-making and take advantage of synergies as well as accelerate new product and service development in the region. As a result, the Group established a new North American headquarters, thyssenkrupp North America, Inc. (TKNA), based in Chicago, Illinois. TKNA provides integrated strategic direction and services for all thyssenkrupp companies in Canada, the United States and Mexico and helps identify new markets and opportunities for growth in the region.
thyssenkrupp Presta North America is a global leader in automotive components technology and the leading steering systems supplier for the automotive industry. thyssenkrupp Presta North America provides the industry with high-quality manual and electric steering columns, rack and pinion steering gears, and electric power assisted steering gears. thyssenkrupp Presta North America is part of the thyssenkrupp Presta AG group, headquartered in Eschen, Liechtenstein. In 2003, our manufacturing facility was established in the South Industrial Park of Terre Haute, Indiana. Beginning with just one assembly line, a handful of employees and 58,000 square feet, the company has grown to over 450 employees and 224,000 square feet. In addition, we have an office on northeast side of Indianapolis where the Procurement and Supplier Development Department, Business Development and Product Engineering are now located. We have a third location in Troy, Michigan which houses our Sales Engineering, Logistics Distribution Center for USA, and Customer Resident Engineering.
Repairs and maintains production equipment, performs emergency repairs, continuous improvements and preventive maintenance by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Comply with established production processes, product applications, control plan adherence, as well as Business Operating system during assigned shift.
* Maintain Production Equipment so the line is capable of producing quality parts within the allotted cycle time.
* Maintain proper housekeeping to include personal tool box and job site during and at completion of tasks.
* Initiates purchase order for parts, equipment and other appropriate items.
* Participate in supplier training for new and existing systems and equipment.
* Support continuous improvement efforts by identification and reduction of inefficiencies.
* Assist in scheduling maintenance activities and developing routine and critical parts lists for new and existing equipment
* Assist in new equipment installation and acceptance phases.
* Assist with development of required efficient maintenance procedures.
* Communicate a daily summary report and any special needs to the maintenance supervisor.
* Keep abreast of revisions to documentation required for the maintenance, changeover, and set-up of the line.
* Support in training operators and team leaders in the operation of the line along with other identified training. Maintain training records as necessary to document training.
* Manufacture / Repair tooling using Mill / Lathe
* Supports Skill trades on preventative maintenance
* Maintains a working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Should be proficient in reading and understanding engineering drawings and blueprints. Individual should also be proficient in basic workshop practices (i.e., hand tools, electrical, plumbing, welding, painting, cleaning, etc.). In addition, the position requires:
* Availability to assist during non-scheduled work hours.
* Availability to be on Call status when required.
* Availability to work all shifts.
* Ability to work independently in a team environment.
* Demonstrates pride in workmanship.
* Knowledge of basic Metric System.
* Ability to obtain a fork lift / man lift license.
Education and/or Experience:
Associate's degree (A.S.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school preferred. Minimum of High School education or GED equivalency with 2 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Environmental/waste handling practices preferred.
Computer and Technology Skills: Proficiency in MS Office applications required.
thyssenkrupp Presta North America LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, genetics, disability, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected characteristic required by applicable law.
Applicants with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation in connection with the application process are encouraged to contact us directly.
To learn more about thyssenkrupp in North America, please visit our website: