- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Maintenance Technician - Vacation Relief
* Know, understand and follow safe operating procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices
* Ensure all product Quality Standards are met.
* Maintains clean & sanitary work areas, machinery & equipment
* Keep work area clean and organized
* Performs all tasks and duties required to ensure production and efficiency standards are met
* Accurately communicates safety, quality, production, maintenance & sanitation issues to supervision and/or appropriate department personnel
* Responsible for establishing priorities and work independently without direct supervision.
* Follow AIB (American institute of baking) guidelines
* Understand and follow hazard analysis and critical control points, (HACCP) and good manufacturing practices (GMP).
* Maintains all production/maintenance/quality records & reports as required.
* Communicates with supervision & co-workers all information relevant to manufacturing process
* Ensures proper set up for the next shift and passes down all relevant information
* Maintains a safe, clean, and sanitary work environment to include housekeeping, work area, tool carts, tools and equipment, shop area, parts rooms, lifts and production areas after repairs.
* Performs all tasks and duties required to insure production, maintenance, sanitation and quality standards and efficiencies are met.
* Knows and understands the operation and function of all machinery and supporting equipment to include conveyors, mixing equipment, ingredient storage and delivery systems, forming, molding sheeting and packaging
* Required to troubleshoot mechanical, pneumatic, Utilities, electrical, ammonia refrigeration, production line equipment, PLC, VFD and 3 phase electrical systems
* Required to read and understand blueprints, logs and electrical and technical drawings
* Intermediate computer skills (Microsoft office, SAP, CMMS systems) to perform required administrative duties
* Perform administrative responsibilities relevant to the position such as requesting parts, entering work orders, entering data into CMMS (SAP), activity logs, repair details, sanitation tags
* Ability to perform maintenance and repairs of silos, company property, HVAC Systems and shop equipment as necessary
* Makes all necessary machinery and equipment adjustments and performs all tasks and duties necessary for efficient start-ups, daily operation, change-over and shut-downs.
* Trouble shoots, identifies and solves process, machinery and equipment problems
* Accurately communicates safety, quality, production, maintenance and sanitation issues to supervision and /or the appropriate department personnel.
* Communicates with supervision and co-workers all information relevant from one shift to another directly, by phone, e-mail or text if necessary.
* Complete on-line training activities which support the manufacturing and quality standards
* Welding, sheet metal fabrication, lathe / milling, machine shop and power tool usage.
* Support Continuous Improvement, Preventive and predictive Maintenance programs, modification of Job plans or Work Orders, inspection audits, assisting vendors who are on site for repairs.
* Complete all work orders, cycle counts, safety inspections as assigned, within the designated time period assigned and provide feedback as needed
2-3 years of experience in manufacturing /light industrial environment preferred
Basic understanding of work environment and demands of position
* Standing / Walking/Climbing
These functions require the employee to be standing or walking 50% of the time.
* Lifting / Carrying / Twisting / Bending / Stooping
The employee is expected to frequently twist, bend, and stoop when preforming work tasks. Frequently carry or lift 50 pounds or more.
Frequently pushing pulling 5lbs or more
* Handling / Fingering / Feeling
The employee must be able to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer terminal and retrieve information from the employee files and answer phones.
* Seeing / Speaking / Hearing
This position requires an employee to have adequate communicating and observational skills These requirements are for the safety of the employee and the co-workers.
Head / Neck Movement
Frequent flexing, extending and turning the neck is required
* Cold, Wet, Hot, Dusty, Slippery, Close space, High arears
The employee must be able to work in cold, wet, hot, dusty, slippery close space area for long periods of time. The employee must be able to work in high areas.
Weekends, Holidays and Overtime as required.
1st shift 6:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
2nd shift - 2:00 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.
3rd shift - 10:00 p.m. - 6:30 am
Hazleton, Pennsylvania, United States
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.