This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 11/18/2016
Cobham AvComm Wichita
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOBHAM is seeking a MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN. This position is located in Wichita, KS.
* Performs repairs and maintenance in plant or office facilities, or on machines and equipment.
* Typically performs work in one or more of the maintenance trades: carpentry, plumbing, painting, machine and equipment repair, electrical, and HVAC.
* Conducts routine, periodic, or special inspections to determine repair and maintenance work necessary to prevent breakdowns of facilities, machinery, and equipment.
* Uses hand and power tools. Tests, troubleshoots, and repairs machines and equipment.
* Uses blueprints, sketches, layouts, wiring diagrams, drawings, and equipment specifications to perform work.
* Monitors and/or repairs as needed on company owned machinery, equipment, vehicles, building and grounds as well as all other related properties, in a manner as to assure they remain in good operating condition and appearance.
* Able to lift and push heavy equipment up to 50 lbs.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Experience using hand and power tools.
* Experience testing, troubleshooting, and repair machines and equipment.
* Experience using blueprints, sketches, layouts, wiring diagrams, drawings, or equipment specifications to perform work.
* This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
* Certification in HVAC.
* Satisfactory completion of a trade school electronics program or completion of a military electronic school.
* Experience in a facilities maintenance environment.
COBHAM\'S values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And its the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
COBHAM is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust COBHAM to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
COBHAM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND EMBRACES DIVERSITY IN OUR EMPLOYEE POPULATION. IT IS THE POLICY OF COBHAM TO PROVIDE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, OR GENETIC INFORMATION. COBHAM WILL REFRAIN FROM DISCHARGING, OR OTHERWISE DISCRIMINATING AGAINST, EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS WHO INQUIRE ABOUT, DISCUSS, OR DISCLOSE THEIR COMPENSATION OR THE COMPENSATION OF OTHER EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS.
SEE ALL OF OUR LATEST OPPORTUNITIES AT WWW.COBHAM.COM/CAREERS OR FOLLOW US ON OUR LINKEDIN PAGE AT WWW.LINKEDIN.COM/COMPANY/COBHAM
TO BE CONSIDERED YOU MUST APPLY BY GOING TO WWW.COBHAM.COM/CAREERS
Job Category: Operations
Primary Location: US-Kansas-Wichita
Organization: Cobham AvComm Wichita
Recruiter: Jennifer Starr