Maintenance Technician - back shift
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/30/2016
Stanley Black & Decker
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
As a member of the Jackson Manufacturing team, the Maintenance Tech will support the entire plant; must be able to work independently and is self motivated. They will provide overall Electrical and Mechanical support to all areas of the facility in order to minimize equipment/process downtime through effective troubleshooting of problems and preventative maintenance; all while ensuring the safe operation of all equipment/tools. This is an industrial environment and the ability to lift up to 70 lbs, work in various positions standing, bending, kneeling, squatting, and climbing stairs/ladders is required.
* At least 5 years experience in an industrial environment.
* 5 years mechanical experience preferred.
* Must possess strong electrical, mechanical and analytical aptitude.
* Prior industrial electrical experience required.
* Must be able to troubleshoot PLC functions and have a willingness to learn PLC ladder logic (this may require taking classes).
* Ability to detect and solve equipment operational problems.
* Ability to multi task and prioritize workload and problems.
* Must be able to work on equipment which may entail light to medium weight job duties.
* Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Must have a working knowledge of pneumatics, electronics, hydraulics and mechanics.
* Must be able to detect and diagnose equipment operational problems.
* Must be quality conscious.
* Self starter with a sense of expediency.
* Forklift certified or able to be certified.
* Perform preventative maintenance on all equipment as necessary.
* Troubleshoot and repair electrical and mechanical problems throughout the operation to minimize downtime.
* Assist in the implementation of capital projects.
* Participate in the improvements of plant equipment to maximize productivity.
* Train others on acquired knowledge of equipment.
* Assist in major repairs/ rebuilds with the appropriate inside or outside skills.
* Keep equipment maintained to the best operating level.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Maintain a clean and orderly work area according to the 5S Principles.
* Must exercise necessary precautions to ensure personal safety and safety of others.
* Work in a team environment.
* Understand and work to the Quality system.
* Ensure accurate completion of all necessary paperwork and/or documentation including PM forms, Time log, etc.
* Work 2nd or 3rd shift and the required overtime to support production needs.
* Must adhere to safety policies and procedures at all times.
* Must exercise necessary precautions to ensure personal safety and the safety of others.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.