Maintenance Tradesperson II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN II
Rexnord is a $2 billion multi-platform diversified global industrial company. Within our platforms, we serve a wide array of growing, global end markets by offering the broadest, most reliable product portfolios and trusted brands in our industries. Within Process & Motion Control, we design, manufacture, market and service specified, highly engineered mechanical components used within complex systems where our customers reliability requirements and the cost of failure or downtime are extremely high. Within Water Management, we design, procure, manufacture and market products that provide and enhance water quality, safety, flow control and conservation, in which customers specify our products due to performance, life cycle and project cost, and our service levels. Founded in 1892, Rexnord is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A. and employs approximately 7,400 associates worldwide. For more information about the company visit www.rexnord.com.
Rexnord Power Transmission (PT) keeps industry moving with a broad portfolio of products including gear drives, bearings, couplings, industrial chain, and a wide range of conveyor components. Rexnord products and services enhance the reliability of equipment used worldwide, supporting industries such as transportation, mining, energy, food & beverage. Our expertise and focus on customer service ensures that you have the right solution when you need it.
Our Antigo site is a customer-focused manufacturer of high quality, custom precision gearing and gearboxes serving the mining, oilfield, wind, transit and other industrial markets. Our technical skills and integrated production capabilities enable us to develop cost effective solutions for the most demanding applications.
Maintain and repair all aspects of the building and equipment including custodial services. Adapt to procedures, processes, tools, equipment, and techniques to accomplish the requirements of the day to day operations under direct supervision.
The position is for the Rexnord Gear Group in Antigo, WI (previously known as Merit Gear).
* Repair and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment, such as motors, pumps, belts, fans, air conditioners, etc.
* Disassemble machines and repair or replace broken parts.
* Assist contractors in mechanical installation of new equipment
* Adjust functional parts of mechanical devices as necessary.
* Clean and lubricate parts.
* Inspect complete repairs.
* Order replacement parts, needed tools, and equipment.
* Maintain the building, such as changing light bulbs, basic welding, carpentry, plumbing, painting, etc.
* Troubleshoot electrical breakdowns to find the source and repair the problem on a large variety of equipment including CNC machine controls.
* Perform activities planned by others.
* Communicate internally with contacts outside the work group to exchange work related information.
* Utilizes blue prints and schematics to repair facility equipment and production machines. This includes diagnosing the trouble, disassembling the machines, requisitioning new parts and equipment, repairing or replacing broken parts, adjusting functional parts as necessary, cleaning and lubricating parts and inspecting completed repairs.
* Equipment preventive maintenance (PMs), pipe fitting, welding, light machining, electrical, mechanical repairs, installing, aligning, assembly of new equipment and repairs to the facility such as lighting, plumbing, etc.
* Apply appropriate welding processes to join, surface, fabricate or repair parts of metal or other weldable materials, as specified by work orders, blueprints, sketches or charts.
* Work with the sites computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) to complete required maintenance work orders, PMs and breakdowns as they occur.
* Follows all safety standards, procedures and policies set by the organization, OSHA and other regulatory agencies. Perform activities planned by others.
* Maintain a clean and safe workplace in accordance with Rexnord policies, 5S procedures, and in line with Rexnord core values.
* Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent with a minimum of 4 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
* Willing to complete an apprenticeship and/or had formal training in area of specialty.
* Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems and experience in use of hand tools, power tools and other testing equipment.
* Effectively communicate and work in a team environment.
* Accurately read and comprehend basic material such as instruction manuals, procedural manuals, warning labels, and blueprints.
* Ability to write to record basic information (prepare reports, record maintenance activities, completing forms, taking messages, etc.).
* Knowledge of and ability to compute basic arithmetic skills such as, or comparable to: add, subtract, multiply, and divide fractions and decimals.
* Ability to use a computer with clear instructions and procedures (electronic mail, basic data entry, listing database information, etc.)
* Knowledge of and ability to use tools or special devices to work, guide or move objects or materials. Start, stop, and control the actions of machines or equipment for which a course must be steered or guided in order to fabricate, process, or move objects.
Matching 401 (k) contribution
Discretionary Personal Retirement Account
Short-Term Disability Insurance
Long-Term Disability Insurance
Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care)
Matching Gift Program
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: FEMALE/SEXUAL ORIENTATION/GENDER IDENTITY/MINORITY/VETERAN/DISABLED