Major Account Manager - New England - 8162 9/1/2016
Palo Alto Networks
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
Palo Alto Networks is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
We are currently seeking a seasoned major accounts sales professional to manage and drive sales engagements into a set of large (primarily green-field) enterprise accounts. In this position, you will play a key role in navigating complex accounts in order to generate and deliver winning proposals, contract bids, statements of work, and RFI/RFP responses.
You will be expected to meet/exceed sales quota by creating and implementing strategic account plans targeting enterprise wide deployments of the Palo Alto Networks Next Generation Security Platform. Partnering with an SE, you will displace competing technologies and build market share within your targeted list of major accounts.
* Acquire and manage major accounts within your region
* Employ world-class account management skills to identify cross-selling and up-selling opportunities within targeted major accounts
* Conduct highly effective presentations to C level executives
* Develop and execute sales strategies and tactics that maximize Palo Alto Networks opportunity within major customer environments
* Perform high level sales planning, leading to accurate forecasting of the business
* Build relationships with and sell through channel partners
* Local travel is required, with International travel when necessary
* BS technical degree or equivalent
* 10+ years of above quota sales experience
* Prior experience selling network infrastructure based security appliances including but not limited to: Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, Security Proxies and Caches
* Practical knowledge of routing and switching products that will be installed adjacent to the Palo Alto Networks appliances.
* Self-motivated to deliver above sales goals
* Strong communication (written and verbal)
* Strong presentation skills both internally and externally
* Enterprise sales experience with an actionable rolodex of decision makers
* Very strong organizational skills
* "Whatever it takes" attitude
* Experience working with Channel partners and understanding of a channel centric go to market approach
Learn more about Palo Alto Networks here and check out our fast facts
Palo Alto Networks competes for the best talent. Our compensation packages consist of salary and equity, and are commensurate with accomplishment. We offer a full suite of benefits, including 401(K). Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.