Major Account Mgr II - (JH14604)
F5 Networks - Charlotte, NCThis job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- F5 Networks F5 Networks
- Charlotte, NC
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- not provided
- not provided
- not provided
- Company Ref #
- AJE Ref #
- [+] More
This is a strategic sales position requiring an in-depth knowledge of how technology is used to enable business goals or overcome business challenges. Position requires strategic thinking/planning coupled with tactical execution of identified business opportunities. Responsible for managing all facets of the relationship with named or large key accounts (of significant strategic importance to the organization) while ensuring revenue goals are being met. Maintains contact at relevant levels in the accounts focusing on strategic nature of the relationship. Must be able to build and maintain relationships effectively and communicate at all levels. Develops opportunities across the F5 solution portfolio while effectively selling solutions and services using technical, organizational and customer knowledge to influence and build trusting relationships. Able to partner effectively, and tactically, with Systems Integrators, large Service Providers and regional VARs based on need or required value. This is typically an individual contributor role. This is a quota carrying role.
* Primary point-of-contact for major account/(s) regardless of account's geographic location. Maintains contact with account at a high, executive level, focusing on the strategic nature of the relationship
* Sells the organization's products or services to and maintains relationships with existing national named accounts. Responsible for expanding and retaining named accounts while ensuring ongoing customer service.
* Responsible for identifying and qualifying long-term and short-term business opportunities and pro-actively identifying and addressing competitive threats
* Prepares formal proposals and presentations, presents to all levels of the organization including executives, leads negotiations, coordinates complex decision making processes and overcomes objectives to closure, and closes sales in a professional and effective manner
* Responsible for significant key partner relationship management and development. Facilitate executive-level relationships between the customer, F5 and its partners including; facilitating communication on strategic and tactical issues and maintaining continuity
* Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry trends, technical developments and government regulations that effect target markets
* Must understand organization's business needs, develop application of products and services and communicate how F5's technical value added solutions will address those needs
* Research and develop lists of potential customers within an organization; regularly follow-up on leads and developing leads, and act to close deals
* Determine market strategies and goals for each product and service; understanding the strategies, goals and objectives of named accounts
* Assume a leadership role in coordinating account strategy and tactics for sales support team (inside sales, systems engineering, sales management)
* Assume full responsibility for accurate sales forecasting by demonstrating in depth knowledge of sales cycles from initial contact through the procurement process, ensure SalesForce is utilized appropriately and maintained on a regular basis
* Develop and maintain detailed account profiles including organizational charts for all accounts to be reviewed by management on a quarterly basis
* Develops strategy for sustained management and success of business and coordinates resources to ensure goals are met
* Provides regular updates to senior sales and operations staff concerning account issues, financial status
* Meet and exceed sales quotas and revenue goals
* May be a team leader and provide leadership to the sales team focused on the strategic global or national account(s)
* Considered a trusted resource by customer base and an expert in the field
* Has credibility to influence at senior levels within named account e.g. Senior Executive/Board/Chair
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
* Typically 8+ years of direct work experience in a relevant environment
* Bachelors degree preferred
* Requires specialized knowledge in networking products, preferably those of F5
* Experience with Internet related software or systems
* Excellent negotiation and closing skills
* Excellent solution selling and presentation abilities
* Excellent client interfacing and customer-focused approach
* Ability to provide and work from a home office located within the territory
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Job may be performed on-site at a customer facility or data center, or in an office environment sitting at a desk or computer table. Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material. Duties require the ability to travel up to 60% via automobile and airplane, and may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
We provide competitive salaries, a world class benefits package, including 100%of the premium for employee medical, dental and vision insurance, highlysubsidized premiums for dependent coverage, 401K match, employees stockpurchase plan, 18 days paid time off within the 1st year and 8 paid holidays,life insurance, short & long term disability insurance, tuition reimbursement,and much more.
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.