Major Accounts Business Development Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 2/2/2017
Northern California (San Francisco, San Jose, Freemont, Sacramento)
This is a sales position with the primary responsibility for soliciting, selling and implementing Office Depot products and services to the large-size private sector market with a potential annual spend of $150,000 to multimillion dollar accounts. The Major Accounts BDM will target this market by direct outside sales with customers that typically have more than 500 white-collar workers and have not been identified as targets by the Global/National Accounts division.This position is responsible for C-Level relationship building, and is also expected to work with multiple individuals with the authority to make the purchasing decisions that may reside in multiple locations that may include multiple districts or regions. Major accounts customers are typically accompanied by a much greater level of complexity (from the initial contract negotiation to delivery, billing, and purchasing issues etc.) than the mid to small size customers.The Major Accounts BDM will engage in customer relationships regardless of the prospects' contractual status and proactively create an awareness and presence with non-Office Depot customers. Qualifications:- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience and 7 years experience in related field. Other Information:* Outside Sales experience
* Working knowledge of MS Office products, CRM systems a plus. Solid navigation skills and functional capabilities of Office Depot web site and of Office Depot eCommerce.
* Thorough functional knowledge of eCommerce and electronic billing system capabilities, both Office Depot and third party's software, and working experience with the conversion/integration of systems
* Strong Sales skills
* An understanding of the customer relationship process, buying process and a demonstrated record of senior level customer contacts
* A thorough grasp of professional and consultative selling skills to include a history of successful contract negotiations. The close cycle will can range from 6-18 months and will typically involve multiple decision makers in the purchasing decision.
* Fluid organization agility (the ability to learn, understand and navigate an organization at the upper to lower levels)
* Personal comfort level when dealing with senior positioned customers in professional and social settings
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, must be able to present complex topics i.e., pricing and service strategies.
* Independent and self motivated.
* Must have a desire to develop an in-depth understanding and knowledge of the products and services offered by Office Depot as well as those offered by the competition.
* Must demonstrate an understanding of the industry, the current trends, and leverage that information to the benefit of Office Depot and the customer.
* Ability to develop a professional relationship and exert this influence for a favorable decision.
* Ability to work in a matrixed organization.
* Flexible with respect to change initiatives.
* Perseverance despite customer objections. Pay, Benefits and Work Schedule:Office Depot offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button. Equal Employment Opportunity:Office Depot is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. .