This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Northwestern Memorial Healthcare
JOB DESCRIPTIONPerforms general mammography imaging procedures to generate imaging information necessary for the diagnosis and subsequent treatment of inpatients and/or outpatients. Evaluates the resultant images and takes corrective action if needed. Notifies physicians as required of changes in the condition of the patients or regarding unique imaging characteristics. Assist the radiologist in the performance of interventional procedures. Prepares sterile trays including procedure specific needs and other ancillary equipment. Completes and maintains the medical record consisting of film and associated paperwork. Provides patient education in order to reduce the patient's anxiety and enhance his comfort zone with and tolerance of the procedure. Performs imaging procedures in accordance with safe radiation safety practices as determined by the Illinois Department of Nuclear Safety and the Nuclear Regulatory Commission to limit radiation exposure to patient, self, and other members of the healthcare team. Performs Quality Control testing as assigned in accordance with FDA/ACR recommendations. Notifies supervisor to close function when results are outside control limits. Mammography radiographers must be able to manage the patient safely and effectively during the mammography imaging procedure with the limitations of the patient's cognitive abilities, psycho-motor skills, emotional stability, and sensory capacities (sight, hearing, etc.). AA/EOE
* IDNS licensed and ARRT registered in radiography.
* Clinical and technical competency in mammography to meet MQSA requirements.
* Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
* ARRT registered in radiography mammography within 12 months of hire date.
* Hospital Based - Two Year Training Technology or Associate's Degree Program in Radiology Technology.
* Mammography 40 hours of advance training in an MQSA approved program- 250 supervised exams in Mammography.
* Bachelor's Degree, 3 or more years experience desired.