Mammography Technologist - PRN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
St. Joseph Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY:
Promotes quality patient care through the performance of screening, diagnostic, and invasive mammography procedures utilizing appropriate technique, established protocols, physician direction, and age-specific guidelines. Maintains thorough knowledge of mammography equipment, biopsy devices, supplies, radiation safety and quality assurance guidelines and applies such knowledge in day to day performance of duties.
THE MEDICAL IMAGING DEPARTMENT is committed to providing quality diagnostic, radiological and invasive exams while maintaining the highest standard of care. We advocate a standard of excellence and technical performance of the Texas Department of Health. The Joint Commission, FDA, MQSA, and American College of Radiology.
Hours of Operation - Breast Center
Mon - Fri 7:30a - 5p, Sat 7:30a - 1:30p
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Two years experience in Radiography (requirement may be met through completion of the clinical phase of a two year approved radiology technology program).
* Current Texas Department of State Health Services License
* Current BCLS certification
* Completion of 40 hr mammography training course
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
Graduate from an approved/accredited School of Radiologic Technology required.
* Technical, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills relevant to area in order to effectively communicate with physicians, health team members, patients and families.
* Ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision, in order to independently carry out the duties of the position.
* Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
* Additional languages preferred.
* Basic computer knowledge.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES / WOMEN / VETERANS / DISABLED
Job: Mammography Tech
Primary Location: Texas-Houston
Organization: St. Joseph Medical Center
Education Level: Technical Diploma
Employee Status: PRN Position
Work Schedule: Days
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled