This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
Miami Lakes, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description:
SUMMARY: This is an entry level, interim position for recent college graduates which is designed to develop their skills as future managers within BankUnited. The position is open to both new hires and internal candidates meeting the position prerequisites. The program is a combination of formal classroom training and practical on-the-job application of lessons learned through work assignments in numerous departments within the Bank. The individual will be exposed to all key areas of the institution as well as extensive training in Retail Banking areas. Upon successful completion of the one year program, the individual is expected to progress to an entry-level management or leadership position. However, it should be noted that participation and completion of the program does not guarantee placement in a managerial or leadership position. Placement depends upon suitability for and availability of a position.
Candidates selected for this position will be required to travel throughout S. Florida during the one year program. Candidates selected will also be required to attend training.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and special projects may be assigned. Levels of Authority and Decision Making are indicated as follows:
* Learn supervisory techniques which will prepare the Management Associate for future work assignments within the Bank. This will be done through completion of a series of courses and practical on-the-job assignments designed to develop, reinforce and test their management, sales, operations and technical skills.
* Develop enhanced sales and presentation skills through on-the-job training, coursework, and coaching.
* Participate in community activities which will both support the Bank s CRA rating and enhance the communities in which the bank operates.
* Participate in business development/customer calls and blitzes and develop new business for the Bank. In addition, call on customers and prospects when needed.
* Complete all assigned training courses and achieve a minimum post test score of 80% where applicable. Complete all required on-line annual compliance training.
* Complete all departmental rotations successfully. Successful completion will be based upon the individual assessment of each sponsoring manager.
* Gain full understanding of bank products and services and ability to accurately present their features and benefits.
* Attend special functions for the bank as required.
* Create and deliver presentations to customers, prospects and senior management as requested.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* 4 year college degree, preferably in business related field.
* Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher is desirable.
* Most recent Annual Review Rating of 3.0 or better is required for internal candidates.
* Achievement and demonstrated leadership in non-academic pursuits
Applicants to, and employees of most private employers, state and local governments, educational institutions, employment agencies, and labor organizations are protected under Federal law from discrimination on the following bases (please go through following link to read more about it):http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf