Management Associate - Procurement/Supply Chain (New/Recent Graduates)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Procurement is a core component of our business and key to our success as one of the world s largest steel producers.
United States Steel Corporation (USS) is looking for a qualified Management Associates to join our Global General Procurement team in Pittsburgh, PA. USS is a public company with $4 billion in the commodities of flat rolled steel and tubular sales. We have a long rich history for shaping the economy to what it is today. After several relatively recent acquisitions along with joint ventures, we have reaches throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, China, and Slovakia. Our procurement department undergoes thorough analysis and strategic negotiations for indirect materials, services, and select direct materials for our numerous operating locations.
Candidates will become familiar with our purchasing operations management and U. S. Steel business purchasing practices through the following activities:
- Assist in/Lead collection and analysis of U. S. Steel purchases, usage patterns, and key vendors
- Assist in gathering internal customer requirements and ensuring the needs of internal customers are met
- Research supply base and industry/marketplace for sourcing materials and/or services.
- Analyze financial performance vendors.
- Assist in estimating the cost saving benefits for sourcing opportunities and development of sourcing strategies
- Assist in preparation, distribution, collection, and analysis of Request for Proposals (RFP), Request for Information (RFI), or eAuction bidding documents.
- Assist in selecting vendors through use of a supplier evaluation tools.
- Support teams in conducting negotiations with financial/bid analysis
- Work on continuous improvement/Total Cost of Ownership projects both internally and externally together with operations, maintenance, engineering and suppliers.
- Bachelor s Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, or Business with a Marketing or Finance focus, or MBA
- Oral/ Written Communication Skills
- Proficiency with technology and MS Office based software packages
- Analytical Skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ethics (Effect, Transparency, Fairness)
- Academic Excellence
- Demonstrated Leadership & Interpersonal Skills
As an individual contributor, qualified candidates for this role also must demonstrate the ability to champion change and effective communication while contributing to team success.
Equal Employment Opportunity
U. S. Steel is a principled company committed to its core values of safety, diversity & inclusion, environmental stewardship, results & accountability, and focus on cost, quality, and customer. We promote an environment of respect, communication, and collaboration encouraging new ideas that drive innovation and our collective success. U. S. Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.