This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 4/11/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
Serves as an internal consultant to management, staff and physicians in the areas of systems improvement, operational analysis, work process design, information system development and implementation, facility planning, productivity monitoring and other process improvement efforts.
Analyze existing flow of people, activities and materials, employee work methods and utilization, policies and procedures, supervisory structure, equipment and computerized systems. Will perform studies to determine service capacities, evaluate staffing needs, analyze workloads, design systems for production and inventory control, prepare time and cost estimates for project implementations; and prepare reports synthesizing analytical results. Will incorporate advanced engineering techniques, including operational research, queuing analysis, theory of constraints and simulation.
- Works collaboratively with leadership and effectively leads the facilitation of multiple Continuous Improvement efforts and applies a variety of improvement methodologies (including Lean, Six Sigma, theory of constraints, TQM, operations research, mathematical modeling & human factors design) and group management techniques (Change Acceleration Process & Workouts) to support individuals and teams through process improvement initiatives.
- Designs presentations, reports, etc. to effectively communicate information to stakeholders at all levels within the organization.
- Utilizes appropriate tools to identify opportunities and/or utilize information to support analytics as part of project work. (e.g., Action OI; Info View; Sg2)
- Other ad-hoc projects as assigned
* 3-5 years with Bachelor's or 1-2 years with Master's degree.
* Prior experience in health care and knowledge of lean six-sigma is preferred.
* Proficiency in Minitab and/or other statistical package, Visio and Microsoft Office package
* Excellent time management and organizational skills. Ability to make quality, independent decisions, work effectively and efficiently under tight deadlines, ambiguity, high volumes and multiple interruptions.
* Willingness to take risk and lead change.
* Must possess the ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people including various healthcare professionals, administrators and various business leaders.
* Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with proven ability to facilitate cross functional teams ranging from executive to staff level employees
* Flexibility, innovation and creativity are necessary characteristics of the successful candidate.
Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering or a field closely related to operational improvement/process improvement/project management.
Virtua is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, national origin or any other category protected by federal or state law