Manager, Academic Partnerships 8/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY LOCATION: WEST REGION (CA, WA, OR, AK, HI, NV, ID, MT, WY, UT, AZ, NM, CO, ND, SD, NE, KS, MN, IA, MI, WI)
* Contact and engage senior academic leaders, including Presidents and Provosts, to understand their top strategic challenges (e.g. graduation rates, studentretention, performance-based funding) and position Echo360 to help them improve outcomes in these areas.
* Manage complex sales cycle - from qualification to close for multiple, high-volume deals of education product offerings.
* Meet or exceed sales objectives of assigned territory by promoting and selling the education products through professional sales techniques and long-term customer relationships.
* Responsible for identifying and selling significant, strategic accounts in higher education with FTEs of 5,000 or under, working closely with sales engineering resources to drive business to close.
* Develop & close new opportunities to deliver quarterly quota target. Continually build a pipeline of qualified opportunities that can be closed over time while maintaining strong sales metrics for prospecting goals, demos, customer visits and sales.
* Build and implement territory plans for education market accounts. Formulate and execute on account strategies.
* Deliver presentations and proposals to clients both online and in person. Clearly articulate product value proposition to client's decision makers.
* Develop thorough knowledge of the products provided by the company and continually enhance skills on how to apply that knowledge to solve customer needs.
* Manage all aspects of active opportunities, including technical sales requirements. Participate in requirements surveys at client sites if needed.
* Prospect for new business via cold calling, networking and referrals.
* Collaborate with authorized Echo360 partners to identify and pursue sales opportunities and deliver more complete customer solutions.
* Develop thorough knowledge of competitive solutions. Use knowledge to overcome objections raised by prospects.
* Administrative duties include preparation of proposals, quotes, contracts, accurate sales forecasts and recording of all activities, communications and contacts via CRM system Salesforce.com.
* Previous experience selling academic solutions to senior academic leaders
* Proven proficiency at executing a sales cycle according to best practices including identification, positioning, qualification, discovery, proposal, contracting and closing. Track record of getting to key client decision makers at senior levels of colleges and universities.
* Minimum of 7years' experience selling enterprise software/SAAS to the higher education market. Successful track record of selling into institutions with under 5,000 FTE a plus
* Strong education market knowledge including understanding of current trends in teaching/learning and use of academic technology.
* Knowledge of Salesforce.com a plus
* Understanding of education industry sales cycle.
* Bachelor's degree
* Superior verbal and written communication skills
* Travel up to 50% domestic