Manager, Academic Partnerships
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Las Vegas, NV
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOMPANY OVERVIEW
Echo360 believes that improved outcomes start with great moments in the classroom. Echo360 powers the modern classroom experience by pulling content, lectures, social learning tools and resources into one connected environment allowing students to seamlessly interact in traditional, hybrid or online classes. Echo360 captures these interactions and provides real-time learning data so instructors can see what's working and what's not and intervene proactively to improve outcomes. Today, Echo360technologies are used by over 3 million students in 8,000 classrooms at 600 higher ed institutions across 30 countries.
Managing Echo360 software and hardware sales in the Mountain West Region, the Manager-Academic Partnerships will engage senior academic leaders (including Presidents and Provosts) to understand their top strategic challenges (e.g., graduation rates, studentretention, performance-based funding) and position Echo360 to help them improve outcomes in these areas.
This role is based within the assigned territory with an expectation of significant travel to higher education customer campuses within the territory and to other Echo360 and industry events as required. Preferably, the Manager-Academic Partnerships role for this region will be based in Colorado, but otherlocations will be considered.
REPORTS TO: VP, Sales
* Meet or exceed sales objectives of assigned territory by promoting and selling the education products through professional sales techniques and long-term customer relationships.
* Manage complex sales cycle - from qualification to close for multiple, high-volume deals of education product offerings.
* Responsible for identifying and selling significant, strategic accounts in higher education, working closely with inside sales and sales engineering resources to drive business to close.
* Build and implement territory plans for education market accounts. Formulate and execute on account strategies.
* Develop & cle new opportunities to deliver quarterly quota target. Continually build a pipeline of qualified opportunities that can be closed over time while maintaining strong sales metrics for prospecting goals, demos, customer visits and sales.
* Deliver presentations and proposals to clients both online and in person. Clearly articulate product value proposition to client's decision makers.
* Manage all aspects of active opportunities, including technical sales requirements. Participate in requirements surveys at client sites if needed.
* Prospect for new business via cold calling, networking and referrals.
* Collaborate with authorized Echo360 partners to identify and pursue sales opportunities and deliver more complete customer solutions.
* Develop thorough knowledge of the products provided by the company and continually enhance skills on how to apply that knowledge to solve customer needs.
* Develop thorough knowledge of competitive solutions. Use knowledge to overcome objections raised by prospects.
* Administrative duties include preparation of proposals, quotes, contracts, accurate sales forecasts and recording of all activities, communications and contacts via CRM system Salesforce.com.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE FOR THE MANAGER, ACADEMIC PARTNERSHIPS POSITION AT ECHO360 WILL HAVE/BE:
* Minimum of 10years' experience selling enterprise software/SAAS to the higher education market
* Previous experience selling academic solutions to senior academic leaders
* Proven proficiency at executing a sales cycle according to best practices including identification, positioning, qualification, discovery, proposal, contracting and closing. Track record of getting to key client decision makers at senior levels of colleges and universities.
* Strong education market knowledge including understanding of current trends in teaching/learning and use of academic technology.
* Understanding of education industry sales cycle.
* Knowledge of Salesforce.com a plus
* Bachelor's degree
* Superior verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to travel up to 50% domestic
Echo360 offers exceptional benefits including medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, and three (3) weeks of paid vacation plus floating and personal holidays and sick days