Manager - Accessory Engineering
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Manager, Accessory Engineering is responsible for managing highly complex and high profile engineering projects without direction. Individuals in this position provide project management and timely implementation of projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Participate as a member of the department's management team in the development of new product process strategies, plans and improvement initiatives and other general management and administrative activities.
* Provides leadership over highly complex and high priority design projects. Provides direction, guidance and engineering expertise to team members. Review work of designers, engineers and other project team members.
* Responsible for the completion of assigned engineering projects within budgetary and scheduling guidelines. Prepare project budgets, capital expenditure forecasts, status reports and other reports as necessary to effectively manage the project activity.
* Communicates, both verbal and written, to assure all groups are working toward the goal of timely project completion. Communicate technical details, ideas, and concepts to engineers and non-engineers in multiple locations.
* Drive design of project to meet market driven design guides and fulfill cost, timing, reliability, and high volume manufacturing requirements.
* Analyze, evaluate and select from design execution alternatives to best meet specification objectives and implement designs into mass production.
* Accountable for technical elements of project execution including integration of complicated components and assemblies, material selection, packaging and safety, regulatory and standards compliance.
* Plan and oversee design and safety reviews as needed to gain necessary approvals for product development phase progressions.
* Comply with all METCo procedures covering new product development and design output in addition to procedures of non-engineering departments related to project flow.
* Consistently visualizes entire scope of a project with very little guidance.
* Schedules, develops agendas, facilitates and documents project meetings.
* Tracks project schedule to ensure adherence to timelines.
* Regularly makes presentations of project status.
* May occasionally recommend changes to existing standards and procedures.
* Maintains an awareness of competitive offerings and the general business climate in the power tool industry.
* Perform administrative activities necessary for the effective management of direct reports, including pay administration, setting goals and objectives, and planning, organizing, integrating and measuring the work performed. Provide performance feedback to cross functional team members for performance reviews.
* Identify project risks and implement risk reduction plans.
* Interacts extensively with manufacturing plants and outside suppliers to achieve project goals.
* Makes component material or process recommendations.
* Designs new experiments and test systems.
* Exhibits vision and foresight to test the extremes of a design and guide the team members through well thought out, logical test regimes.
Education and Experience Requirements:
* Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering
* Minimum 7 years experience in related field. Minimum 3 years prior experience in engineering project management.
* Must posses managerial skills combined with technical expertise along with a working knowledge of planning, budgets and financial analysis.
* Must have a working design knowledge of a wide variety of the technologies associated with Milwaukee products. Must be able to personally conduct detailed analyses, or recognize the need and seek the appropriate expertise to achieve the desired results.
* CAD Skill Level: Basic 3D
* Geometric Tolerancing: ME - thorough understanding; EE - basic understanding
* Tolerance Analysis: Statistical
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software including Microsoft Project.
JNCODE: JN004, JN037