Manager - Alternative Investments
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONWhen you choose KPMG as the place to build your career in tax, you can really add value. KPMG's tax partners and professionals pride themselves on understanding our clients' business strategy and needs, providing a broad range of federal, state, local and international tax services to meet those needs. We are currently seeking a Manager/Senior Manager to join our Busniess Tax Services practice in our San Francisco office.
- Manage client portfolios of various size and scope; act as the first point of contact for internal and external clients
- Manage teams of tax professionals/assistants working on client projects
- Understand and analyze the U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) rules affecting the taxpayer
- Manage risk and financial performance of engagements, including billing, collections, and the budget for projects
- Deliver high quality tax service and advice to clients
- Assess tax impact on clients, develop tax arguments to support conclusions, and suggest plans to clients
Additional Responsibilities for Senior Manager:
- Manage risk and financial performance of engagements including billing, collections, and project budgets
- Team with other professionals to identify new marketplace opportunities and grow the KPMG tax practice
- Five years of tax experience in the Financial Services industry supporting Registered Investment Funds and Alternative Investments (Investment Partnership and or Mutual Fund tax experience)
- Previous experience as a Tax Manager with a public accounting firm
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university; licensed CPA or J.D./LL.M. (Please note that any candidate hired by KPMG into this position that doesn't currently possess one of the aforementioned credentials/designations will be required to secure one within one year from the commencement of employment)
- Proficiency in the taxation of regulated investment companies and partnerships
- Applied working knowledge of U.S. GAAP, accounting procedures, and financial and tax accounting for investments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex financial information
Additional Qualifications for Senior Manager:
- Eight years of tax experience in the Financial Services industry supporting Registered Investment Funds and Alternative Investments (Investment Partnership and or Mutual Fund tax experience)
- Experience mentoring and counseling staff level team members IND2016
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
No phone calls or agencies please.
One Firm. One Team. Countless Opportunities.
KPMG, an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace.
KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). .