Manager, Alternative Investments - Tax
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe fastest growing Big Four professional services firm in the U.S., KPMG is known for being a great place to work and build a career. We provide audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager/Senior Manager to join our Business Tax Services practice.
- Manage a portfolio of clients of various size and scope and act as the point of contact for internal and external clients
- Manage teams of tax professionals/assistants working on client projects
- Understand and analyze the U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) rules affecting the taxpayer
- Help manage risk and financial performance of engagements including billing, collections, and the budget for projects
- Advise clients and be responsible for delivering high quality tax service and advice
- Help assess tax impact on clients, develop tax arguments to support conclusions, and suggest plans to clients
Additional Responsibilities for Senior Manager:
- Participate in and contribute to market and business activities that are external to the firm while providing direction to and maintaining managerial responsibility for a team
- Act as a coach and mentor to other tax professionals
- Previous corporate tax experience in the Financial Services industry supporting Alternative Investments (Investment Partnership and/or Mutual Fund tax experience)
- Previous experience as a Tax Manager with a public accounting firm
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university; licensed CPA, J.D., or LL.M. (Please note that any candidate hired by KPMG into this position that doesn't currently possess one of the aforementioned credentials/designations will be required to secure one within one year from the commencement of employment)
- Proficiency in the taxation of corporations, consolidated entities, partnerships, and other flow-through entities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex financial information
Additional Qualifications for Senior Manager:
- Prior experience as a Tax Senior Manager in a public accounting firm supporting Alternative Investments (Investment Partnership and/or Mutual Fund tax experience)
- Solid skills in reviewing 1120 RIC, 1065 tax returns, including Schedule K-1 and experience managing multiple client engagements and client service teams
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG, an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace. KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). No phone calls or agencies please. .