Manager, Application Development (API)
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
* Develop, execute, ensure compliance, and management of AMC s API development strategy, architectures, standards, best practices, processes.
* Design, development, testing, implementation and management of features designed to support and enhance the guest experience and commerce through our APIs.
* Direct the activities of contractors and application developers in the requirements definition, design, coding, and testing of sophisticated applications.
* Bachelor s degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent experience (necessary to develop self-direction, writing ability, critical thinking, and foundations of programming and software delivery fundamentals).
* A solid understanding of the theory and architectures implemented in the commercial and open source tools used to deliver service based applications and portal delivery services is required.
* Minimum of seven years professional development experience.
AMC amazing. That s the promise we deliver to nearly 20,000 AMC associates and 200 million guests each year. We focus on delivering friendly, superior service to our guests. We lead by example, giving back to the communities we live and work in while having fun. If you feel motivated and energized by this company culture, and if you can name your five favorite movies in the next 30 seconds, then AMC may be the right place for you.AMC has propelled industry innovation since 1920, and we continue to innovate by delivering premium sight and sound, new and improved food and beverage options, and diverse content in our state-of-the-art theatres. We offer competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and an environment that encourages teamwork, inclusion, collaboration and results.The Manager, Application Developement (API) will be responsible for the delivery of API services endpoints and enhancements that align with established architecture/standards/processes within each chosen toolset, which includes compliance and security measures. They will also be responsible for participating in the continual improvement of technical solutions, standards and processes associated with API Development. This position is responsible for management of API development tasks, which includes identification and assignment of work, tracking progress, removing barriers to progress. This also includes communication of these tasks across teams and associated business partners. This position will also be responsible for the identification and support of tools to used by other teams to support the APIs (e.g. New Relic).