Manager, Application Development (E-Commerce)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY * Partner with external vendors on the consumption of AMC s API services.
* Design, development, testing, implementation and management of features designed to support and enhance the guest experience and commerce through our APIs.
* Direct the activities of contractors and application developers in the requirements definition, design, coding, and testing of sophisticated applications.
* Bachelor s degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent (necessary to develop self-direction, writing ability, critical thinking, and foundations of programming and software delivery fundamentals).
* A solid understanding of the theory and architectures implemented in the commercial and open source tools used to deliver service based applications and portal delivery services is required. This is often not provided through technical certification schools, although technical schools often provide the specific training on the tools used in business integration environments.
* Minimum of seven years professional development experience.
AMC amazing. That s the promise we deliver to nearly 20,000 AMC associates and 200 million guests each year. We focus on delivering friendly, superior service to our guests. We lead by example, giving back to the communities we live and work in while having fun. If you feel motivated and energized by this company culture, and if you can name your five favorite movies in the next 30 seconds, then AMC may be the right place for you.AMC has propelled industry innovation since 1920, and we continue to innovate by delivering premium sight and sound, new and improved food and beverage options, and diverse content in our state-of-the-art theatres. We offer competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and an environment that encourages teamwork, inclusion, collaboration and results.
This position will be responsible for the design, development and management of the API services. This includes:
* Deliver API services endpoints and enhancements that align with established architecture/standards/processes within each chosen toolset. This includes compliance and security measures.
* Participate in the continual improvement of technical solutions, standards and processes associated with API Development.
* This position is responsible for management of API development tasks. This includes identification and assignment of work, tracking progress, removing barriers to progress. This also includes communication of these tasks across teams and associated business partners.
* This position will also be responsible for the partnership and of API consumption with 3rd party vendors.