Manager, Application Support 8/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Manager, Application Support works as a leader of the Application Support team within Epiq's Electronic Discovery division, and is responsible for leading and mentoring the support team. The Application Support team provides 1st through 3rd level support to clients (principally law firms and the in-house legal departments of Fortune 500 corporations) using Epiq's proprietary software solutions as well as third-party software applications. The purpose of this position is to provide strong leadership and support to a dedicated team of Application Support Analysts while also serving as a liaison between Client Services, Technology staff and other Operations teams. Work is performed across three shifts so it represents a 24 hour per day, 7 day per week and 365 days per year operation.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
_The Manager, Application Support is responsible for the following:_
* Responsible for managing all internal and external client Incidents and Requests related to support request for our proprietary and 3rd party software applications
* Leading the Application Support Team to resolve as many Incidents and Requests within the team itself and if escalation is required to other IT/Development departments then tracking those escalations through resolution
* Managing the Application Support team members by acting as a role model and providing guidance and training both directly to all team members and also via senior team members.
* Trouble-shoot and resolve issues prior to escalation to operations senior management and/or IT/Development.
* Communicate and work with other company departments.
* Manage and drive Application Support department initiatives around planning, documentation, procedures and continuous improvement.
* Generate reports from various database platforms for upper management.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE INCLUDE:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
* At least three years' management experience in a technical, managed services or help desk environment. Experience in eDiscovery and litigation support industry is preferred but not required.
* Experience working with technology groups or proprietary application software support environments in a fast paced, dynamic environment required.
* Must have a demonstrable ability to effectively lead and manage the productivity of the team, incidents, and drive to problem resolutions.
* Must be able to facilitate in a collaborative manner solutions across departments and teams.
* Must be able to anticipate and prevent problems while managing incidents to resolution.
* Experience managing projects while working under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
* Strong communication skills, situational awareness and organizational agility
* Must be self-directed and foster initiative in others.
* Must be able to translate larger business goals into actionable items for their team.
* Demonstrable experience with coaching, training and developing team members with an inspirational and motivational approach
* Consistently displays managerial courage when solving organizational challenges
_EDUCATION helps to clarify the situation and expected behaviors; provides instruction and opportunities for observation; provides on-going feedback and reinforcement
* MANAGING PERFORMANCE - Ensures that associates have clear goals and objectives, expectations and measures of success for projects and tasks; clearly assigns or delegates responsibility for tasks and assignments; monitors the process of work as well as progress toward completion and final results; provides specific performance feedback, both positive and corrective, as soon as possible after event
* DEVELOPING OTHERS - Provides support and direction towards the development of individuals' knowledge and skills to effectively facilitate their accomplishment of both current and future job responsibilities; partners with individuals on identifying and setting development goals; helps to identify development opportunities as part of the plan; provides continuous feedback on performance and progress and assists in the adjustment of development plans; ensures management team adheres to business defined talent management practices and procedures
* FOSTERS TEAMWORK - provides opportunities for people to learn to work together as a team; promotes cooperation with other departments; recognizes and encourages the behaviors that contribute to teamwork, continuous support and removal of barriers, appropriately involves team members in decisions and leverages unique talents of the team
* EMPOWERING OTHERS - Gives people latitude to make decisions based on their level and area of responsibility and level of knowledge and skills; encourages individuals and groups to set their own goals, consistent with business goals; expresses confidence in the ability of others to be successful; encourages groups to resolve problems on their own; avoids prescribing a solution
Epiq Systems solves problems faced by the legal profession in managing high volume, complex electronic data. We serve corporations and law firms around the world in practice areas spanning bankruptcy, litigation, class action, mass tort, antitrust, investigations and regulatory compliance.
Epiq combines proprietary software, deep subject matter expertise and a global infrastructure to assist clients with the technology requirements for their most important and complex matters. Our clients include top worldwide law firms, corporate legal departments, government agencies and trustees.
We strive for a cohesive, collaborative environment that focuses on group achievement.
Epiq is a NASDAQ listed company (EPIQ) with over 1400 associates worldwide. Epiq operates globally with key offices in Hong Kong, Kansas City (corporate headquarters), London, New York (largest office), Phoenix, Shanghai (data center only), Tokyo and Washington, D.C.
Epiq Systems, Inc. and its affiliated companies are Equal Opportunity Employers (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, marital or veteran status or any other category protected under applicable federal, state or local law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Epiq Systems is pleased to provide such assistance and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.