Manager, Assistant Operations Warehouse 9/2/2016
Industrial Manufacturing Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Req # 503804
Industrial Manufacturing Company is looking for:
POSITION: Manager, Assistant Operations/Warehouse
LOCATION: Lithonia, Georgia
EXPERIENCE: 3+ Years Experience in Warehouse/Operations with experience with SAP
RELOCATION: Assistance Available
Summary of opportunity
Ideally coming out of high distribution / warehouse operations
This person MUST HAVE a strong personality. Meaning they are not going to back down from hourly employees. Stand their ground.
Require ACCOUNTABILITY with hourly employees MEETING the requirements of pulling orders from stock in a timely fashion and ensuring it is the RIGHT product from stock.
Have all orders ready to go by afternoon so the big trucks can pull up and pick them up without delay Monday through Friday.
They will have to work with a mixture of temporary and full-time direct hire employees around 60 at present but will increase next year to around 75ish. One very important skill set item is
Experience with SAP
This person needs to be a HANDS ON type of individual daily on the distribution floor.
Fast paced type of environment.
They will have to coach and mentor employees and someone to be groomed to one day take over the warehouse manager role.
* Provides supervisory direction for the personnel and manages all aspects of personnel performance, staffing, training, and discipline within the department.
* Progressively pursues on time shipment.
* Establishes and maintains key customer service level measurements including loading times by customer, activity profiles by department, carrier performance issues including appointment variance.
* Maintains knowledge of and compliance with applicable government regulations.
* Implements and trains proper safety & shipping procedures and guidelines.
* Ensure compliance of plant GMP's, safety and all other published policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
* Manage scrap and obsolete material destruction.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPECTATIONS
* At least 3-5years distribution, warehouse or logistics experiencerequired.
* Previous supervisory/management experience
* Experience with Cross Functional Teams
* Knowledge of shipping and receiving methods
* Good written and oral communication skills
* Ability to motivate and train employees