Associate Director, Sales Operations and Administration 9/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Alkermes plc is a fully integrated, global biopharmaceutical company developing innovative medicines for the treatment of central nervous system (CNS) diseases. The company has a diversified commercial product portfolio and a substantial clinical pipeline of product candidates for chronic diseases that include schizophrenia, depression, addiction and multiple sclerosis. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, Alkermes plc has an R&D center in Waltham, Massachusetts; a research and manufacturing facility in Athlone, Ireland; and a manufacturing facility in Wilmington, Ohio. For more information, please visit Alkermes website at www.alkermes.com .
The Associate Director of Sales Administration is responsible for leading and the continued development of key functions including sample management, CRM, and the car program for a growing commercial organization with two approved products (one for the treatment of addiction and another for the treatment of schizophrenia) and a portfolio of pipeline product candidates focused on CNS diseases. Additional responsibilities will include alignment management.
The position will work with leadership of multiple commercial functions including Sr. Sales Leadership, IT Field Sales, National Accounts, State Government Affairs, Brand Teams, Commercial Services and Commercial Operations & Analytics to deliver Sales Administration solutions that meet their objectives in a predictable and timely manner.
Key areas of responsibility include:
* Leadership and oversight of our sample management and car programs
* Ongoing management and continued evolution of our CRM (Veeva)
* Management of detailed alignment rules to ensure proper reporting
* Contribute to the change management, communications, and training of key tools
* Work with Sales Analytics, IT, HR, Legal and Finance on cross functional solutions.
* Assisting in the administration and support field based technology tools
* Support of sales force crediting, alignment and reporting
Education and Experience:
* Bachelors degree required. Masters degree preferred.
* Minimum of 8+ years in a Sales Operations role with at least 3 years of leadership experience.
* Experience hiring, developing and leading a team.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
* Ability to understand business requirements, propose solutions, and execute.
* Knowledge of PDMA rules related to samples
* Vendor management
* Budget management
* Development of process, SOPs, etc.
* Analytic skills
* Strong organization and planning skills.
* Strong attention to detail and focus on data accuracy.
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to prioritize and manage concurrent and, occasionally, competing initiatives.
* Knowledge of sales operations activities/technology.
* Focus on process improvement and the development of sustainable / predictable solutions.
* Ability to communicate requirements to vendors and manage their performance.
* Working knowledge of pharmaceutical sales data sources such as IMS Health, Symphony Health and MMIT.
* Strong knowledge of SQL and Microsoft Office applications including Excel and PowerPoint.
Personal Attributes Needed:
* Satisfaction from successfully supporting a Field Sales Team.
* Determination to ensure customer data is accurate and complete.
* Ability to work with individuals in different functional areas.
* Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task.
Alkermes, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law