Manager/Associate Manager, Sales Analytics & Operations (Incentive Compensation) 9/17/2016
Gilead Sciences, Inc
Foster City, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
* Will be responsible for all Sales Incentive Compensation related matters for one or more of Gilead s therapeutic areas
* Must be subject matter expert and provide guidance on best practices for all IC related functions.
* Responsible for the design and administration of sales incentive plans to align corporate objectives, commercial strategies, and sales force efforts
* In charge of IC plan design implementation and communication, quarterly goal setting, plan administration, reporting, special incentives and other analysis as needed
* Conduct monthly health check to review IC performance and ensure fairness, accuracy and motivation metrics are being achieved
* Conducts analyses for use in design of sales incentive plans (goal setting, payout curves, plan components)
* Drives the roll out of compensation plans to field sales, preparing supporting documentation.
* Maintain policies, procedures and controls for sales incentive program
* Research and resolve questions raised by sales management and manage all communications related to IC eligibility, sales incentive calculations and payments.
* Calculates incentive payouts under a variety of scenarios and summarizes potential costs for budgeting and accrual purposes.
* Drives the process for design, communication, implementation and administration of Special Incentive Programs (Contests, Awards, and Kickers).
* Provides ad-hoc incentive compensation analysis, modeling of proposed sales incentive plans
* Liaises with Sales Analytics, HR, Finance, Sales Operations, Forecasting, Marketing, Business Conduct and IT to manage all aspects of Incentive Compensation
* Oversees benchmarking of incentive compensation design elements to ensure competitiveness of compensation programs within the industry
* Manages the development and implementation of sales force reporting tools and ensures accurate and timely monthly performance evaluation.
* QC monthly sales data and work with data vendors and other internal stakeholders to resolve discrepancies
* Works closely with other IC team members to ensure consistency in IC practices across different Gilead therapeutic areas
* Provides reliable and accurate analyses and reports to internal customers to support decision making on key strategies.
* Designs and implements repeatable processes of analysis that leverage previous investments in systems or data structures.
* Collaborates with various Company functions, to analyze operational requirements for reports, document system enhancements and implement system changes.
* Develops strong partnerships with BU leaders to become a trusted subject matter expert
* Participates in the development of written Standard Operating Procedures and documentation of all newly established processes.
* Manages ongoing business relationships with data vendors, consultants and selected partners.
* In addition to performing individual contributor tasks, assigns, monitors, and reviews progress and accuracy of work for an individual, a group of employees, a project or a vendor, but does not have formal personnel management responsibility.
* Manages projects requiring cross-functional collaboration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB FUNCTIONS
* Must have experience with the design and implementation of sales incentive plans, including identifying relevant performance metrics and defining target performance levels.
* Capable of building analytical models that evaluate business situations and provide recommendations.
* Ability to assume full responsibility for accuracy and reliability of complex analyses.
* Must be able to effectively communicate technical information to non-technical members of senior management.
* Track record for excellent task management skills such as planning, prioritization, objective setting, meeting management and plan execution is required.
* Experience in a pharmaceutical environment is required, as is a solid understanding of principles relating to incentive compensation.
* In-depth knowledge of relevant software systems (e.g., MS Excel, Access, SAS, SQL, Cognos, Tableau, Alteryx, MS Word & PowerPoint, etc.) is required.
* Strong understanding of pharmaceutical data sources (e.g. IMS, SHS, SP, etc) is required
* In-depth knowledge of global Sales and Marketing organizations
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
* Bachelors in Business, Economics, Finance or related field plus
* Bachelors in Business, Economics, Finance or related field plus 5-8+ years of relevant experience in sales/marketing analysis, statistical analysis, and financial forecasting, preferably in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry. Or Masters, MBA plus 2-6+ years relevant experience.
* Advanced degree is desired.
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, view the EEO is the Law poster at :