Manager, BI and Analytics
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTION* Lead Team of Business Intelligence Analysts and Data Analysts to ensure best practices and governance is followed. This also includes the use of the tool-set provided by the enterprise.
* Formulation and execution enterprise business intelligence and aligning overall direction with business and IT Enterprise Architecture strategies.
* Team Organizational Leadership, Planning and Management
* Business Intelligence team management and team planning
* Business Intelligence team development
* Facilitating business and technical teams when necessary towards solution. This includes the education of each side on the strategic goals of the other.
* Promoting and applying AMC architecture best practices and standards at a project, program and department level
* Promoting the use of industry and internal data standards and internal enterprise data services
* Bachelor s degree in computer science, engineering or networking related technologies or equivalent experience (necessary to develop self-direction, writing ability, critical thinking, and foundations of programming and software delivery fundamentals).
* Possess or has made progress towards receiving a TDWI Certification or equivalent experience
* 4+ year s management of technical/support personnel.
* 2+ years project management.
* 5+ years experience with enterprise reporting tools
* Proficient understanding and experience with building and deploying Business Intelligence and analytics applications focusing on Corporate Reporting driven initiatives (including general TSC and BI-Apps Accounting and HR initiatives).
* Proficient in report development, including ad-hoc, dashboarding, and scorecarding.
* Working technical knowledge of Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE) technology platform.
* Working knowledge of Visualization and discovery tools such as Tableau.
* Proficient in Database technology including SQL Server and Netezza.
* Plans, develops, maintains, and executes end-user training and documentation.
* Proficient in SQL for data access and analysis.
* Proficient in efficient and effective visualization design and development.
* Working technical knowledge of BI tool architectures, functions, and features.
* Working technical knowledge of descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analysis
* Working technical knowledge of data modeling patterns and techniques.
* Working technical knowledge of OLTP and Data Warehouse design methodologies and principles .including thorough understanding of relational and multidimensional designs.
* Working technical knowledge of data mining and predictive analytics.
* Working technical knowledge of MDX for data access and analysis.
* Knowledge of Oracle Business Intelligence Applications (OBIA); including Oracle E-Business Suite for Finance and HR modules is a plus
AMC amazing. That s the promise we deliver to nearly 20,000 AMC associates and 200 million guests each year. We focus on delivering friendly, superior service to our guests. We lead by example, giving back to the communities we live and work in while having fun. If you feel motivated and energized by this company culture, and if you can name your five favorite movies in the next 30 seconds, then AMC may be the right place for you.AMC has propelled industry innovation since 1920, and we continue to innovate by delivering premium sight and sound, new and improved food and beverage options, and diverse content in our state-of-the-art theatres. We offer competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and an environment that encourages teamwork, inclusion, collaboration and results.
* The Manager of Business Intelligence and Analytics for Corporate is a hands-on technical position that provides leadership to direct reporting team members to ensure teamwork and high performance and assists the team developing reporting and analytic applications focusing on Corporate Reporting, including general TSC and BI-Apps Accounting and HR initiatives.
* The position requires detailed understanding of all aspects of Business Intelligence (BI) systems (data warehouse design, dimensional modeling, OLAP design, reporting, dashboards, analytics, and predictive modeling, etc.) as related to an enterprise reporting solution.
* Will be responsible for ensuring that architectural integrity and best practices are maintained at the project, program, and enterprise level.