Manager Benefits, Absence and Disability Management
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 7/19/2017
Northwestern Memorial Healthcare
JOB DESCRIPTION* Own all employee benefit inquires for designated regions
* Oversee Absence and Disability Management Operations, including system oversight with HRMS
* Track and Manage program metrics. Communicate trends to leadership
* Develop and manage budget for various benefit plans
* Responsible for policy compliance, education and communication
* Participate in Annual Benefits Open Enrollment process and answer employee questions
* Represent NM at Absence & Disability Management related external events
* Assist and/or complete tasks related to the transition of Absence Management plans for acquired or merged companies, including but not limited to: vendor transition and communication
* Oversee and guide the efforts of the Absence and Disability Coordinators, Absence and Disability Administrators and all outsourcing partner
* Direct and/or manage all project, process, resource and support activities as related to benefits
* Provide team leadership and education in benefit products
* Regulatory compliance for all plans
* Oversee process and report findings of Requests for Information (RFI) and Requests for Proposals (RFP)
* Advise and educate employees on plan offerings and communication/support services available
* Oversee plan administration to ensure compliance with plan documents and regulatory matters. Monitor regulatory changes and report findings and recommendations to the Director of Human Resources
* Manage day-to-day vendor/outsourcing relationships and vendor adherence to performance guarantees
* Implement plan design changes and maintain plan documents
* Manage project plan, oversee internal and external team members and complete Form 5500s for all benefit plans within specified timeframes
* Work with communication experts on developing employee benefit communications including but not limited to Open Enrollment Guides, integration educational pieces, targeted email verbiage, and ongoing product specific brochures/flyers
* Conduct training sessions including but not limited to New Employee Orientation, Open Enrollment Town Halls, Department Meetings, integration educational sessions, and Lunch & Learns
* Remain current on legislative and IRS changes relative to plan regulations, procedure changes and mandated disclosures
* Provide advice, guidance, and direction to HR Business Partners/HR Consultants on benefit related issues/concerns
* Assist and/or complete tasks related to the transition of benefit plans for acquired or merged companies, including but not limited to: provider coordination, communications, compliance filings, adoption agreements, and plan document changes
* Carry out special projects and benefit related responsibilities as assigned
* Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
* 5 or more years of experience in Human Resources/benefits management and project management
* Demonstrated project management skills.
* Demonstrated process improvement skills.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively establish and maintain working relationships with peers and constituents at all levels of the organization.
* Demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills.
* Experience working with and negotiating with external vendors.
* Experience working with and negotiating vendor contracts.
* Excellent team building skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Outstanding coordination, facilitation, consultation and conflict resolution skills
* Management experience with complex, cross-organizational systems
* Healthcare background
* Masters degree in related field