Manager, Big Data Software Engineer - Azure Architecture
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe fastest growing Big Four professional services firm in the U.S., KPMG is known for being a great place to work and build a career. We provide audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager, to join our New York office, with other locations considered.
- Rapidly architect, design, prototype, and implement architectures to tackle the Big Data and Data Science needs for a variety of Fortune 1000 corporations and other major organizations
- Work in cross-disciplinary teams with KPMG industry experts to understand client needs and ingest rich data sources such as social media, news, internal/external documents, emails, financial data, and operational data
- Research, experiment, and utilize leading Big Data methodologies, such as Hadoop, Spark, Redshift, Netezza, SAP HANA, with a particular emphasis on Microsoft Azure
- Architect, implement and test data processing pipelines, and data mining / data science algorithms on a variety of hosted settings, such as AWS, Azure, client technology stacks, and KPMG's own clusters
- Translate advanced business analytics problems into technical approaches that yield actionable recommendations, in diverse domains such as risk management, product development, marketing research, supply chain, and public policy; communicate results and educate others through insightful visualizations, reports and presentations
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Engineering or a related field with seven years of experience; a Master's degree with five years of experience, or a PhD with two years of experience
- Fluency in several programming languages such as Python, Scala, or Java, with the ability to pick up new languages and technologies quickly
- Understanding of cloud, and distributed systems principles, including load balancing, networks, scaling, in-memory vs. disk
- Experience with Large Scale/ Big Data methods, such as MapReduce, Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Impala, or Storm
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to work in dynamic team environments, and multi-task effectively.
- Proficiency in Unix/Linux environments and ability to develop in terminal environments
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG, an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace. KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). No phone calls or agencies please. .