This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2016
END DATE 12/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Purpose:
The Manager of Biostatistics is responsible for the overall management of the Biostatisticians within PAREXEL Early Phase division. The Manager is also responsible for the implementation of continuous improvement on a local and global scale of the CDS Biostatistical procedures and the quality of deliverables to clients.
- Manage a team of Biostatistics staff. Provide direction and guidance in carrying out project assignments, interfacing with clients and other internal departments.
- Supervision and management of staff; with special attention to training and skill set development.
- Participate in the formal review processes e.g. performance and salary reviews to corporate standards and timescales.
- Plan and manage resources across the projects / staff, including active involvement in interviewing, retention, and absence issues.
- Ensure that staff utilization and productivity expectations are met.
- Report on project related issues to senior management as appropriate.
- Provide training and guidance to lower level and new staff.
- Performs senior technical review and quality assurance of biostatistics work products (e.g. Protocols, SAPs, TLFs etc.).
- Understand the Scope of Work, budget and quote assumptions, estimate the work completed, and manage scope for studies.
- Review RFPs and prepare proposal text and may attend bid defense meetings.
- Cooperate with counterparts in other locations as required.
- Where required, take on role of Biostatistics Lead, taking responsibility of Biostatistics servicesBusiness Impact for Organization
- Provide project related assistance for assigned project(s).
- Meet quality and timeline
- Provide inputs to process improvements
- Provide input into recruitment process including interviewing.
- Improve effectiveness of the department with respect to process improvement, systems and sponsor relations with specific focus on Biostatistics.Client Impact/ Sales Scope
- Effectively participate in, and support business development, e.g. bid defense meetings etc.Qualifications
- Excellent SAS programming skills.
- Knowledge of Windows application.
- Strong oral and written communication skills (including the ability to communicate statistical concepts and information to non-statisticians).
- Knowledge of SDTM and ADaM.
- Knowledge of pharmacokinetic data
- Knowledge of electronic submissions.
- Effectively handle multiple tasks and projects.
- Effectively handle team of biostatistician/biostatistical programmers.
- A good understanding of resourcing and budgeting; business awareness.
- Behavioral Competency:
- Professional attitude, Self-motivated, Logical Thinking, Attention to detail.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and Customers.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Ability to manage and motivate direct reports.
- Ability to effectively delegate.
- Master's degree in Statistical science preferred or equivalent combination of education and training.
- PhD in Statistics or related discipline is preferred
- Base SAS, SAS/MACROS, SAS/GRAPH, SAS/STAT and CDISC knowledge preferred.
- Experience in Early Phase studies
- Language Skills
- Fluent in English (speak, read, write).
- Minimum Work Experience
- 10 years of experience
- Management Experience: 1 to 2 years experienceEEO DisclaimerPAREXEL complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.