- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Manager, Blue To You
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
This position is responsible for the overall execution of the Integrated Local Market Offering initiative, Blue to you, by way of the mobile unit / team and a support team of advisors dedicated to the target population.
* Responsible for the overall execution of the Integrated Local Market Offering program, Blue to you, including but not limited to:
* Program budget
* Member satisfaction with and acceptance of the Blue to you program
* Successful collaboration of the different key players (care management, service, compliance, etc.)
* Successful execution of events that are part of the Blue to you program
* Establish and maintain relationships with decision makers of program partners (Adult Living Communities, Community Senior Centers, local organizations and group accounts)
* Provides pertinent information to sales leadership to support the sales marketing strategy
* Responsible for setting the strategic direction of the program
* Provides data to all level representatives to enhance community awareness as well as sales opportunities.
* Inspires collaboration and innovation, both within the team as well as with stakeholders in other business units
* Creates a sense of urgency in delivering against Business Unit needs
* Interfaces with senior leadership on behalf of the Blue to you team, helps team process and prioritize requests from other business units
* Represent Blue to you at Enterprise level (workgroups, SME, Task Force meetings, etc.)
* Establish metrics to advance the success of Blue to you team and align measurements with customer satisfaction, issue resolution and program activity level
* Manage, develop and train staff; develop and monitor goals; conduct annual performance reviews, and administers salaries for the staff
* Medical terminology and medical billing coding preferred
* Requires knowledge of personal computers and related software
* Prefers knowledge of Horizon products and services
* Requires strong knowledge of managed care principles and concepts
* Strong Leadership skills including the ability to manage a team with diverse responsibilities in a dynamic, fast-paced environment working with a select population of customers
* Passion for results
* Ability to work in a flexible, fast-paced environment
* Strong verbal and written communication
* Investigative and analytical skills
* Ability to multi-task
* Time management skills
* Flexibility and adaptability
* Ability to work effectively within a team environment
* Requires excellent interpersonal (i.e. active listening) and organizational skills
* Prefers bilingual skills (Spanish/English)
* Requires customer focus with an emphasis on creative solutions
* Requires good problem solving and conflict resolution skills
* Requires a Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university.
* Requires flexible work hours, time scheduling, travel or on call work specific to events
* Requires a minimum of five years Group, Life or Health Insurance experience. Candidates possessing a degree but less than five years experience may be considered.
* Prefers some experience in a call center or customer service role within the health insurance industry required.
* Requires a minimum of five years experience in a management role
Special Licensing or certifications:
* Requires a New Jersey State Health/Life license
* Requires valid NJ Motor Vehicle Drivers license, the ability to safely drive a 26ft van, and good driving record, to be determined via a New Jersey DMV check.
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability and any other protected class as required by federal, state or local law.
Sales / Account Management