Manager Business Insights
Manager, Business Insights
Global Business Insights (GBI) is leading the effort to provide synthesized and holistic perspectives on the drivers of business growth, through the analysis of Global POS data and associated key causal data sources e.g. media, content, pricing & promotion, competition, etc. GBI s mission is to translate findings into competitively advantaged insights and actionable recommendations that guide business planning for Mattel s senior leadership team.
Global Business Insights is seeking a Manager, Business & Media Analytics. The position reports to the Director of Global Business Insights, and is located in El Segundo, CA.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Analyze internal global Mattel POS data from key retailers and other relevant causal data (pricing, inventory, promotions, distribution, media effectiveness, etc.) to determine performance drivers, provide context, answer key business questions, and produce insights across Mattel s brand portfolio
* Analyze the role & impact of TV and digital media in helping to drive Mattel s business performance
* Produce ad hoc analyses and deep dives into trends or in support of key corporate processes/events (strategic planning, go-to-market process, board meetings, earnings releases, executive presentations, etc.)
* Collaborate with other teams within GBI on cross-functional projects and deliverables
* Collaborate with functional teams across the global organization
* Manage one direct report
* Analytical skills - ability to analyze and summarize a situation quickly, synthesize large amounts of data into easily digestible formats, and recognize patterns/trends and produce meaningful conclusions and recommendations; detail-oriented critical thinker and problem solver
* Visual storytelling - proficient in displaying data and/or concepts in clear, visually-appealing ways
* Tech savvy - ability to learn new systems, troubleshoot data issues, etc.
* Project management skills ability to methodically break down a project into logical steps, determine key milestones and deliverables, and drive toward deadlines in an organized and thorough manner
* Process-oriented - apply frameworks and organizational skills to understand and document ambiguous situations
* Business acumen strategic understanding of the business process and ability to work with different levels
Experience, Education & Skills
* BA or BS in a business, economics, math, or related analytical field
* MBA or related Graduate Degree a plus
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS REQUIRED
* 5-7 (or more) years of experience in an analytical position, ideally working with POS data
* Experience /Knowledge of Consumer Products (CPG) Industry preferred
* Advanced Excel (formulas, pivot tables, macros) & PowerPoint (creating slides & presentations) skills required
* Tableau & SQL knowledge preferred
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
* Change oriented - drives to improve the status quo, not afraid of taking risks, creative, outside-the-box thinker
* Good judgment - manages time and focuses on what s important (80/20 rule)
* Self-starter takes initiative, suggests solutions vs. simply describing roadblocks, comfortable working as a team
* Resourceful drives to understand root cause of an issue vs. taking the first no at face value; tackles a problem from different angles to achieve a positive results
* Accountability follows through on responsibilities, clearly communicates progress toward deadlines
Mattel is a creations company that inspires the wonder of childhood. Our mission is to be the recognized leader in play, learning and development worldwide. Mattel s portfolio of global consumer brands includes American Girl , Barbie , Fisher-Price , Hot Wheels , Monster High and Thomas & Friends , among many others. Mattel also creates a wealth of lines and products made in collaboration with leading entertainment and technology companies. With a global workforce of approximately 31,000 people, Mattel operates in 40 countries and territories and sells products in more than 150 nations. Visit us at www.mattel.com/careers, www.facebook.com/MattelCareers or www.twitter.com/mattelrecruiter.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer