Manager, Business Solutions Architecture for Enterprise Analytics Maturity
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
We are seeking a strong people manager to lead our Analytics Maturity team and take their work to the next level. This person will first and foremost be dedicated to their team, with a genuine desire to develop their employees and seamlessly fold into the company culture at BCBSNC. This team is made up of highly independent analytic data consultants, programmers, business solutions architects, and SME s who partner with our Enterprise Analytic data scientists to help harden SAS models for the enterprise and consumer capabilities. This manager will play a critical role as the liaison between Enterprise Analytics and Information Technology. Strong candidates will have had prior experience in SAS/SQL Programming, Data and Analytics Modeling, Requirements Gathering, SDLC, and Teradata (or other databases like Oracle, SQL Server, etc...). Most importantly they will be energized to lead, effectively communicate, and build relationships with our Enterprise Analytics teams, IT teams, and the business as a whole.
* Lead the technical delivery services for client and business facing programs, projects, and deliverables for different segments and capabilities of our analytics maturity.
* Facilitate Project Request process and prioritization for the team
* Coordinate with Enterprise Analytics and IT to approve and schedule projects
* Develop applicable business processes, document functional specifications, cost benefit analysis, and develop implementation plans with IT and Enterprise Analytics.
* Key liaison between analytics maturity team and IT teams, working to bridge analytics needs with IT Solutions. This position has a direct impact to corporate revenue and business unit success, and requires maintaining a focused, motivated team.
* Works closely with project managers, SAS programmers, ETL contractors, Teradata Developers, Solution Architects, Data Scientists, and other business and IT department heads to ensure that goals and deliverables align to meet client expectations. Use independent judgment and initiative to review, analyze and develop solutions for analytics maturity processes. Identifies and quantifies the business impact of those solutions. Draw on expertise to design solutions to business problems. Focus on enterprise solutions that balance end user needs and operational efficiencies.
* Will be charged to organize key tasks within IT and analytics groups to ensure visibility and timely completion of tasks.
* Works closely with others to implement changes, monitor processes, and ensure goals meet internal stakeholder expectations.
* Serve as general subject matter expert for business analysis, analytics maturity, operational analytics and related procedural issues
* Gather business requirements and write functional specifications through data gathering and analysis, systems analysis and/or existing documentation or procedures. Ensure that business requirements, business and information capabilities are documented, applicable business processes are developed, functional specifications are clear and concise, technical specifications are reviewed and approved, and to coordinate with other teams and Vendors to devise, test and implement remedies for large, complex projects.
* Maintain knowledge of best practices in order to lead, coach, mentor, and train team members and/or direct reports.
* Manage day-to-day business area activities; provide leadership and direction to team and set team goals and expectations.
* Bachelors Degree and 10 years experience as a Business Analyst and/or Project Manager focused specifically in IT, business intelligence, data management, data modeling, informatics, analytics, or consultative data analytics.
* Liaison between EA and IT. This team will not be doing any ETL/ELT work, but candidate needs to be familiar with, or have had some experience with ETL/ELT methodology and capable of navigating through the IT process.
* Must have a strong understanding of SAS. Enough so that you are able to validate requirements and tune to be more efficient.
* GENUINELY cares about their team, the company, and our BSBSNC culture. Able to be a true partner and liaison between the business, EA, and IT.
* If no degree, 12 years experience as a Business Analyst and/or Project Manager focused in IT, business intelligence, data management, data modeling, informatics, analytics, or consultative data analytics.
* Strong candidates will also possess a mix of the following technical skills:
* ETL development
* Teradata (or Oracle, SQL Server, etc )
* Data modeling experience
* Data Warehouse experience
* Five years experience managing teams, programs or projects. Strongly prefer candidates with prior formal people leadership experience.
* Communicate effectively with Executives. Make presentations and recommendations.
* Ability to serve as translator between business and technology functional areas.
* Excellent analytical, research, problem solving and oral and written communication skills necessary.
* Critical listening skills is essential, as is facilitation, moderation, and question-asking abilities
* Ability to use automated tools to perform detailed analysis and reporting.
* Ability to read, interpret and apply technical specifications preferred. this is a requirement for us
* Ability to lead enterprise-wide matrix project teams.
* Demonstrated knowledge of SDLC, web development, waterfall and iterative development models
* Ability to relate and adapt to diverse personalities and work / communication styles; ability to lead through change..