Manager, Campus Internationalization & Fellowship Programs
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
University of Kansas
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Overview
The Program Manager works with individual faculty and academic departments on projects and programs that deepen KU s international profile in teaching and research. The Manager interacts with faculty, students, staff, and overseas colleagues to develop, implement, and maintain a range of campus internationalization initiatives in support of KU s international mission. A key aspect of this work is helping units draft and negotiate agreements for educational programs and services. In addition, the Manager oversees and provides support for faculty and students interested in to international fellowship programs. This staff member collaborates and facilitates programmatic outreach with University faculty, staff, students, and visiting scholars by designing and conducting programs and program assessment.
INTERNATIONAL AGREEMENTS AND PARTNERSHIP DEVELOPMENT (40%)
* Works with academic departments and schools to organize academic, research, and outreach programs with international universities and agencies;
* Drafts agreements for AVP;
* Oversees the development and execution of appropriate institutional processes involved in Agreements of Cooperation, Student Reciprocal Exchange Agreements, Educational Service Agreements, and other partnership agreements;
* Assists in partnership development through new and expanded agreement models with international educational institutions, governments, and international agencies; and
* Maintains the University Directory of International Exchange Agreements and Programs in both Web and print formats.
SPECIAL PROGRAMS AND EVENTS (30%)
* Designs, and develops programs and activities that foster internationalization of students, faculty, and staff;
* Collaborates with the Director of Faculty Programs on developing and implementing programs for faculty and academic staff;
* Provides training on specific subject areas;
* Engages external funding agencies and offices to successfully manage existing programs, to develop new programs with external funding support, and to expand contractual services agreements; and
* Creates timelines, develops budgets, reserves venues and catering, negotiates contracts and oversees the invitation and RSVP processes for faculty programs, as needed, including:
* Fort Leavenworth International Officers Program
* International Career Workshop
* New Faculty Luncheon Series
* International Seminar for Faculty
INTERNATIONAL FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMS (15%)
* Initiates and facilitates programmatic outreach with University faculty, staff, students, and professionals from varied disciplines;
* Organizes information meetings to publicize various fellowship and academic opportunities for students and faculty;
* Maintains communications with all national organizations such as IIE, CIES, LASPAU, AMIDEAST, and the Department of Education, involved in fellowship programs; and
* Monitors the Paraguay Exchange List;
* Ensures that the content on the IP web site relating to faculty opportunities and the data base on faculty international activities and experiences are current; and
* Advises faculty and students with proposal development, application processes, and submission of documents.
Outgoing Fulbright Programs, Fulbright-Hays Programs and Boren Fellowships
* Recruits and advises domestic and U.S. permanent resident undergraduate and graduate students for national Fulbright competitions;
* Assists in developing projects and proposals;
* Coordinates the University application processes in collaboration with the U.S. Fulbright Program;
* Appoints a faculty committee to assist with student advising and proposal review;
* Oversees the faculty review and interview processes, the University rating of proposals, and final submission to national organizations;
* Promotes Fulbright Scholars Program, recruits faculty applicants and assists faculty with applications;
* Maintains comprehensive program participant data and prepares information releases associated with the Fulbright programs;
* Administers funds for all Fulbright-Hays award recipients and ensures University compliance with U.S. Department of Education financial and activity reporting; and
* Works with Fulbright-Hays fellowship recipients to plan, activate, and maintain their fellowships in collaboration with the U.S. Department of Education program managers for the faculty and doctoral student programs; and
* Works with KUCR on management of financial resources;
Incoming Fulbright Students
* Receives applications (approximately 40 per cycle) of international Fulbright graduate students from IIE and other agencies;
* Recruits academic departments and mentors for placement of awardees into KU graduate programs;
* Awards tuition scholarships to international Fulbright grantees who are admitted to KU; and
* Advises international Fulbright graduate students and serves as advisor to the KU Fulbright Association
China Direct Exchange Program
* Oversees the China Direct Exchange Program and its annual budget;
* Allocates resources for this program;
* Identifies and advises potential KU student applicants;
* Maintains regular correspondence with overseas partner institutions;
* Ensures completion of all the processes for the China DX scholarships; and
* Arranges department affiliation for CDX scholars coming from partner institutions in PRC.
Graduate Direct Exchange
* Coordinates the Graduate Direct Exchange for KU graduate students;
* Oversees review of applications and selection of KU nominees for partner institutions;
* Maintains regular correspondence with partner institutions for incoming and outgoing students;
* Provides graduate application instructions for incoming GDX nominees;
* Monitors international student non-degree applications on the Admit system through Graduate Studies;
* Contacts Graduate Advisors in pertinent departments for incoming GDX students;
* Works with ISS to provide appropriate documentation for visas;
* Ensures that incoming GDX students register for International Graduate Student Orientation; and Provides information regarding required SSN and takes incoming GDX students to SS office two weeks after their arrival at KU.
* Maintains program participant data and prepares information releases associated with the GDX programs.
International Visitor Coordination (5%)
* Develops tailored itineraries for visiting international faculty, administrators, interns and dignitaries;
* Coordinates meetings for visitors with KU faculty, staff, and students
* Liaises with area businesses for travel and visitor hotel accommodations
* Welcomes visitors to KU, work with them to build suitable itineraries, and provide on-going logistical support during their visits
* Recruits KU faculty mentors for international scholars; and
* Provides advising services to international scholars in residence
Special Projects Requested by Associate Vice Provost (10%)
* Ph.D. or other terminal degree;
* Minimum of 3 years administrative experience, including oversight of programs and budgets;
* Demonstrated experience working with a diverse faculty and staff in a wide range of disciplines to create innovative programs in international education as evidenced in application materials;
* Demonstrated understanding of current issues in international education as evidenced in application material;.
* Demonstrated commitment to global dimensions of higher education as evidenced in application materials;
* Excellent written and oral communication skills as demonstrated in application materials I(written) and the interview process (oral communication).
* PhD or other terminal degree in a field related to international education.
* Experience in academic departments in the areas of teaching, research, or curriculum