Manager Cancer Center
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
Responsible for the day-to-day oversight of the staff of the Houston Methodist Cancer Center (HMCC) and Service Line. This position provides leadership and direction to direct/indirect reports, and other participants (including physicians) in HMCC forts and is responsible for ensuring projects and tasks related to HMCC accreditation(s) are completed on schedule. In conjunction with Director, supports the HMCC Governance Committee, and participates on multiple HM and HMCC committees. Collaborates with physicians, nursing, and administrative leadership to ensure achievement of organizational accreditation goals. Responsible for maintaining compliance with the American College of Surgeons Program Accreditation standards, including tumor boards. Manages the Cancer Committee comprised of physician leadership within the Oncology service line including its subcommittees and Cancer Conferences, as well as serves as an expert subject matter in hospital events and meetings. Indirectly oversees the operations of the cancer registry and Cancer Center membership for the Houston Methodist Hospital System and maintains compliance with the Texas Department of Health, Texas Cancer Registry.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
Select the applicable age group(s) of primary customers/patients served by this position.
x Not applicable
- Neonate (Birth to 28 days)
- Infants/Toddlers (29 days to 18 months)
- Toddler (18 months to 3 years)
- Preschooler (3-6 years)
- School Age (6-12 years)
- Adolescence (12-18 years)
- Young Adult (19-40 Years)
- Middle Adult (40-65 Years)
- Mature Adult (65 years and older)
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
I. Provide personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
II. Focuses on patient/customer safety
III. Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
IV. Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
V. Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
VI. Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports by enabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and Responsibilities are cross-rerenced to Houston Methodist s Pillars of Excellence and will be transferred to the Performance Evaluation.
1. In conjunction with HMCC Leadership, creates a center culture for all HMCC staff, physicians and customers through consistent and fective communication forums and activities.
2. Directs the selection, development, motivation, evaluation, and discipline of reporting personnel. Ensures that the job requirements and goals for each position are established and clear to employees, whether working remotely or in the department. Determines and documents the qualifications and competence on a continuing basis to rlect accreditation requirements.
1. Directs and oversees day-to-day operations of the HMCC, in particular, accreditation, therapy and support services (navigation, social work, nutrition, geneticist, chemotherapy education, and cancer support groups).
2. Leads Governance Committee(s) comprised of physician leaders within the oncology service line and the various sub-committees. Work with physician leadership to fectively manage committee work and achieve goals. Committees may include System Nurse Navigator Meeting, HMH and System Lung Cancer Screening and Navigation, System Tumor Registry Meeting, and Breast Cancer Screening.
1. Collects, analyzes and presents HMCC performance indicators, including quality, research, education, financial, philanthropy, and professional/technical clinical service demands, productivity, patient satisfaction, and physician satisfaction, to HMCC leadership and Governance Committee(s) as needed.
2. Ensures and manages compliance with the American College of Surgeons, Commission on Cancer, Texas Department of State Health Services Cancer Registry division, and other applicable regulatory bodies.
1. Works with HMCC department leadership to prepare and manage departmental budget; ensuring financial responsibility of the HMCC.
1. Responsible for coordination and implementation of new standards as required by regulatory and accrediting agencies; including implementation of new or improved policies and procedures related to the Oncology program.
2. Recommend and support program growth through expansion of services offered in rerence to annual community needs assessment, physician specialties provided by the hospital and/or standard industry practice.
3. Data mine registry information and produce reports in a meaningful way for decision making in support of continued program development.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Bachelors degree in business, hospital/healthcare administration or related field required.
Masters degree in business, hospital/healthcare administration or a related field prerred.
A minimum of 3 years healthcare experience required.
A minimum of one year of hospital or business project management experience required.
Experience working in cancer service line prerred.
Cancer Registry experience prerred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Detail oriented; able to manage changing priorities and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
Advanced PC proficiency including experience with MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to identify improvement opportunities and recommend solutions.
Excellent facilitation, presentation, and oral and written communication skills.
Ability to establish relationships and build rapport with individuals at all levels of the organization.
Ability to work fectively with physicians.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.