Manager, Care Center
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 2/6/2017
Valley Health System
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description:
POSITION SUMMARY: NOTE A REGISTERED NURSE LICENSURE IS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
* ICU experience preferred
* Management experience required
* Responsible for the effective management of a care center or centralized clinical, service or administrative department specific to organizational excellence, clinical/quality of care, regulatory compliance, mentoring/coaching and patient/employee satisfaction.
Education Three years management experience plus BSN required.
Magnet recognized national certification preferred, but RN management is expected to have Magnet recognized nation certification within two years of hire into the position. * Experience Three years demonstrated managerial/supervisory experience required.
* DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
* ORGANIZATION EXCELLENCE:
* Participates in applicable strategic planning committee membership based on service line.
* Participates in Renewal strategic planning.
* Implements programs and services to meet existing and potential customer needs in collaboration with DON and staff.
* Provides necessary staff resources for the implementation and promotion of identified services/needs.
* Participates in the team charges with the implementation of a business plan for proposed new services.
Clinical/Quality of Care:
* Maintains accountability for excellence in clinical practice within the unit for all patient care 24/7.
* Consistently demonstrates 95% compliance with the must haves as part of patient satisfaction initiatives.
* Maintains effective communication channels among all caregivers via utilization of S-BAR.
* Implements Share Governance unit based committees and mentors staff to achieve successful outcomes.
* In conjunction with director, plans specific and measurable unit based goals.
* Implements strategies and programs that are consistent with organizational goals and objectives.
* Assures unit participation in all committees as assigned.
* Maintains an environment of safety by utilizing evidence based practice guidelines for patients, employees and visitors.
* Identifies and addresses unit based risk management issues.
* Implements and evaluates efficacy of best practice guidelines designed for specialty area.
* Maintains accountability of human, fiscal and other resources needed to provide and maintain quality care.
* Facilitates performance improvement initiatives. Based upon measurable outcome data, makes appropriate changes, then sustains and/or improves on results.
* Assures adequate staffing to provide safe, quality care.
* Develops plan to identify department specific staff competencies and ensures facilitation and maintenance of competencies.
* Develops, monitors and maintains budget for quality and efficient use of personnel, equipment and supplies.
* Functions within the parameters and appropriately delegates/oversees patient care consistent with standards of the New Jersey Nursing Practice Act and The New Jersey Board of Nursing guidelines.
* Assures compliance to New Jersey licensure standards and applicable regulatory standards.
* Responsible for implementation of and the employee compliance with hospital s policy, procedure and protocols.
* Responsible for ensuring compliance with Joint Commission standards.
* Oversees and evaluates the delivery of patient care on an assigned unit on a 24/7 basis.
* Maintains up-to-date knowledge and ensures compliance with:
* The State Board of Nursing Requirements
* The Joint Commission on Accreditation
* The State Inspection Survey
* American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Magnet Standards
* Occupational Safety and Health Administration Requirements (OSHA)
* Voluntary Protection Program Requirements (VPP)
* The New Jersey Department of Health
* ANA Code of Ethics
* Any other regulatory body governing specific to area being managed.
* Consistently functions as a role model practicing SERVE standards with the patient, family, physician, staff and all other customers.
* Works consistently with staff to meet unit and organizational goals.
* Effectively demonstrates innovative, goal oriented behavior. Is able to plan, prioritize and problem solve.
* Conducts regularly scheduled meetings with Clinical Shift Supervisors to discuss unit based issues with staff including:
* Plans for intervention
* Identifying educational needs of staff
* Difficulties with evaluations
* Patient Satisfaction scores
* Physician issues
* Acuity, PI and other issues identified
* Visionary, knowledgeable practices for a state of the art unit.
* Maintains current knowledge base regarding Clinical Shift Supervisor responsibilities. Consistently role models in clinical expertise and behavioral standards.
* Coaches Clinical Shift Supervisors and staff in Shared Governance Model. Encourage participation and allow time to attend appropriate committees.
Valley is an equal opportunity employer. Valley does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, ancestry, nationality, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, liability for military service, affectional or sexual orientation, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information (including refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other basis made unlawful by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.