Manager, Care Management 8/25/2016
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Manager, Care Management will be responsible for designing, implementing, directing and evaluating strategic programs and external strategic relationships to support clinical, quality-related or business goals for the Care Management program. Primary duties may include but are not limited to: The Manager, Care Management establishes relationships with Care Management team, Health Plan leaders and business stakeholders.
The Manager, Care Management participates in strategic planning for and evaluation of the Care Management process/unit.
Assists with staff educational training and in-service programs and serves as a clinical resource for Care Management staff.
As a Manager, Care Management, you will be reporting to the Director, Medical Management. Who empowers staff's creativity and work life balance. A Director who thrives in continuously providing a wealth of clinical expertise within Care Management.
* 5-10years Clinical nursing experience
* 3years in Management role with relevant experience, preferably in a managed care health plan setting
* Strong Leadership, Team building, influencing skills and organization skills, provides evidence of independent leadership
* Program/Project Management with successful deployment demonstrating measurable positive results.
* Strong business writing skills; proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
* Change management by assisting people and the organization in moving to new ways of thinking and/or operating
* Strong analytical Skill, research and creative problem-solving skills
* Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills
* Ability to present program information to internal and external audiences and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Must have experience with Medi-Cal program compliance and NCQA accreditation standards.
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or related healthcare field preferred
Masters in Nursing, Health Administration, Public Health or related healthcare field;
Registered Nurse with an active unrestricted California license and valid California driver's license
CCM, CPUR, CPHQ
Bilingual in one of LA Care Health Plan's threshold languages: English, Spanish, Chinese, Armenian, Arabic, Farsi, Khmer, Korean, Russian, Tagalog, Vietnamese, Korean