Manager, Carrier Product
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 11/24/2016
Green Bay, WI
JOB DESCRIPTIONMore information about this job
*This role can be located in an EarthLink office (if available ) or a work from home/remote. *
EarthLink, an original Internet pioneer, has evolved into one of the world s top managed network, security and cloud solution providers. Our people keep us competitive and focused, and we re looking for talented professionals to join our team! Are you passionate about driving transformation* Are you ready to impact how people experience technology in business and as consumers* By joining EarthLink, you will feel energized by working in a fast-paced, ever-changing technology environment, and will gain experience to help you grow personally and professionally.
Manager, Carrier Product will be responsible for overseeing the successful management of all Carrier Transport products, including but not limited to Private Line, Lit Wavelengths, Dark Fiber and Managed Transport. This is a senior level position within the Carrier Business Unit which requires working knowledge and understanding of the technologies that support the transport product set, the ELNK network, in depth financial modeling, and strategic focus.
Manager, Carrier Product will ultimately be responsible for the growth of the product revenue. Candidates will have the tools to determine market demand, execute growth/expansion strategy and develop key relationships to foster revenue growth.
* Responsible for the growth of the Transport product revenue via expansion of the Transport network footprint, demand generation and development of new features/functionality/product development.
* Manages pricing strategy and provides clear direction to supporting roles to balance competitive pricing with recoup of investments
* Assist Sales team in qualification of Transport opportunities as well as providing custom based solutions for carrier opportunities. Work with Engineering and Special Assembly team to design solution, obtain costs to support business case and financial model.
* Responsible for marketing materials and tools to highlight unique value propositions to target customer base in a highly sensitive market
* Owns product P&L reporting and maintain overall financial health of product including sales, billed revenue, gross margin and contribution margin
* Work Finance to build the necessary monitoring and reporting mechanisms
* 5 years Telephony experience or equivalent Product Management experience with a strategic focus
* Keen understanding of Transport Networking focus on DWDM
* Very strong financial/business acumen must be able to provide guidance and around pricing strategy and create rules to dictate validity of specific deals
* Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with all levels within the organization, including C-Level executives
* Very strong analytical skills
* Creative and strategic thinker
* Outstanding verbal, written and presentation skills
* Ability to communicate effectively with technical resources, sales and customers
* Ability to cultivate and maintain professional business relationships with internal clients, customers and vendors
* Ability to prioritize; strong follow-up skills
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience