Manager, Clinical Programs
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2016
END DATE 12/7/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Summary
If you're looking for a career in a company that's evolving, has a great culture and amazing opportunities within the Healthcare Industry, AMN Healthcare is the clear choice. As America's largest and most respected health care staffing and management services company, we are the recognized leader in nursing, physician, and allied professionals. As part of the AMN team you'll work with motivated team members who have pride in - and passion for - what they do. Guided by our core values, we remain steadfast to our commitment to career growth and development for all levels of team members so they may navigate their own future and grow with the company. AMN will help you reach your professional and personal goals everyday while making a meaningful contribution. Experience for yourself The AMN Difference!
The CLINICAL PROGRAMS MANAGER under limited supervision, oversees the operations of the clinical programs to develop, manage and monitor processes and outcomes that support the evaluation and assignment of medical malpractice insurance for locum providers in the field. Completes all clinical research associated with early release, poor end of assignment surveys and questionable clinical outcomes associated with the locum provider. Ensures corporate compliance with the appropriate accreditation (Joint Commission), regulatory, and licensing agencies.
* Manages administrative and procedural processes under leadership guidance of Director, Clinical Programs
* Manage work allocation, training, enforcement of internal procedures and controls and problem resolution. Evaluates performance and makes recommendations to employees to achieve peak productivity as a team.
* Demonstrates excellent communication and negotiation skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of skill sets across the organization.
* Demonstrates initiative and ability to make managerial decisions, aligned with AMN standards and policies, ethics and compliance program.
* Demonstrates AMN leadership competencies as a collaborative partner with all team members, including external and internal stakeholders.
* Demonstrates proficiency with software programs utilized in the organization and supports ongoing software upgrade changes.
* Develops knowledge and expertise of medical staff policies, regulations, and bylaws
* Demonstrates knowledge of, and coordinates the management of the electronic MMA application process, to ensure distribution, receipt, processing and timely delivery to the Production Team for provider placement.
* Reviews and processes all returned evaluations, early releases, poor end of survey outcomes, and all questionable clinical outcomes to be forwarded to the Peer Review (CRRC).
* Demonstrates knowledge of auditing process, performs analysis using Lean six sigma DMAIC model for process improvements.
* Identifies process gaps and implement improvements to improve productivity and resource management.
* Identifies opportunities and develops action plans based on metrics, across all levels of the organization.
* Generates and manages reports for Clinical Operations Department.
* Present metrics to leaders including action items, and implementation strategies based on data. Analyze for cause and effect for impact.
INTERNAL CUSTOMERS & PARTNERS
* Production and Sales Team
* Brand Companies and Branch Offices
* MSP Staffing Teams
* Clinical Risk Management
* Clinical Operations & Compliance team
* Credentialing Team
* Physician Locum Providers
* Nurse Practitioner and Physician Locum Providers
* Allied Health Locum Providers
* Local Staffing Healthcare Professionals
* Facility, Practice, State and Federal Clients
* Clients & Facility Contacts
* Candidate Databases (SBDev, Avatur, Adapt, BOX for Locum Leaders, Salesforce, AMIE)
* Verification Web sites (NPDB, DEA, CSR, State Licensure, OIG,SAM )
* Microsoft Office
* Internet navigation for Healthcare provider verifications
* BA/BS clinical degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master s degree Preferred
* Current unencumbered CA or Texas license (RN, NP)
* Five (5) to seven (7) years of experience in clinical quality, medical staff peer review/credentialing or risk management/accreditation.