Manager, Commercial Contracts
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMerck KGaA of Darmstadt, Germany is a leading company for innovative and top-quality high-tech products in healthcare, life science and performance materials and is currently recruiting for a Manager, Commercial Contracts to be located in Billerica, MA
Merck KGaA of Darmstadt, Germany is a leading company for innovative and top-quality high-tech products in healthcare, life science and performance materials. The company has six businesses Biopharmaceuticals, Consumer Health, Allergopharma, Biosimilars, Life Science and Performance Materials and generated sales of 12.85 billion in 2015. Around 50,000 employees work in 66 countries to improve the quality of life for patients, to foster the success of customers and to help meet global challenges. The life science business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, which operates as MilliporeSigma in the U.S. and Canada, has 19,000 employees and 65 manufacturing sites worldwide, with a portfolio of more than 300,000 products enabling scientific discovery.
We aim to solve the toughest problems in the industry by collaborating with the global scientific community, and through that help to increase access to healthcare. We deliver many of the most highly-respected brands in the industry, like Millipore, Milli-Q, SAFC and BioReliance. Our offering covers every step of the biotech production chain, creating a complete end-to-end workflow with enhanced customer service, a simplified interface and a leading distribution platform. Our innovative portfolio, well-balanced geographic reach, and industry leading capabilities, uniquely position us to anticipate and deliver on customer needs.
The Manager, Commercial Contracts will be responsible for the global intake process for Life Sciences sales agreements requiring Legal Department review, and will report to the Legal Department. The Manager, Commercial Contracts will work under the direction of the Legal Department and be part of a cross functional team with Sales, Finance and Legal Management. The Manager will:
Manage global process for the intake of commercial contracts and taking into account that slight modifications may need to be made to account for regional and Commercial Area considerations.
* Review contract requests and initiate contact with Sales, confirm basic commercial terms and coordinate commercial and technical guidance for the reviewing lawyer and assist in periodic update of standard contract intake and review processes
* Develop tools to assist in the implementation, compliance and metrics associated with the process including opportunities for process automation, improve the contract review utilization of Legal resources, shorten the cycle time from review to execution of contracts and facilitate the transition of RFP s, RFQ s and proposals into the process and provide recommendations (including recommended next steps)
* Provide training as to the process, Approval Principles and typical legal issues on an ongoing basis to all key stakeholders via Webex/Skype or face-to-face meetings
* Coordinate with Merck stakeholders (including lead Sales person) and support global compliance with Life Science Approval Principles
* A minimum of a Bachelor s Degree in Business, Science or related field is required.
* A minimum of five years experience working with cross functional groups such as Finance, Legal, Operations and Sales is also required.
* Experience in reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts and a strong understanding of standard contract language, structures and terms (legal and business) is required.
* Experience in Sales or business development is strongly preferred.
* Experience in a Global organization is also strongly preferred.
* Strong organizational, interpersonal and writing skills are a must.
* Knowledge of current Life Science product and service portfolios preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.