- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Manager, Continuous Improvement
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
This position is part of the Global Continuous Improvement Team whose mission is to identify and lead major initiatives that support corporate growth and profitability objectives. As a part of this team, the continuous improvement manager will be responsible for identifying and implementing initiatives and best practices related to the Opportunity-to-Cash value stream including strategic marketing and commercial effectiveness.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
* Identify, quantify, and prioritize Opportunity-to-Cash continuous improvement initiatives to achieve corporate growth and profitability goals.
* Lead implementation of Opportunity-to-Cash initiatives via cross-functional teams targeted toward increasing revenue, optimizing time to market, improving profitability and/or increasing customer satisfaction.
* Identify and implement Opportunity-to-Cash best practices across the organization and incorporate into the Nordson Business System.
* Demonstrate appropriate use of Lean Six Sigma tools to drive process improvements.
* All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Detail-oriented, self-starter with strong communication and organizational skills. The successful candidate will have a proven ability to lead continuous improvement initiatives working collaboratively as well as independently in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment. The position requires a minimum of 10 years of experience with a history of increasing responsibility that demonstrates business acumen and leadership. Additional qualifications are as follows:
* A Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, Engineering or Computer Science.
* Minimum 5 years in functional role related to the Opportunity-to-Cash value stream (marketing or commercial role).
* Minimum 2 years in continuous improvement role or supporting continuous improvement initiatives.
* Excellent analytical skills with strong working knowledge of problem solving, root cause analysis, and associated solution implementation.
* Proven project management skills to ensure on-time, high-quality deliverables.
* Ability to work independently and/or effectively with diverse, global, cross-cultural teams.
* Ability to think creatively.
* Ability to negotiate and influence key personnel across multiple businesses and geographies to achieve positive results through awareness, understanding, acceptance and engagement.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Skills and Abilities
* Experience using ERP and CRM tools and processes.
* Knowledge of pricing procedures and best practices.
* Experience using Lean methodologies.
* Certified Six Sigma Green or Black Belt.
Working Environment and Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.