Manager, Continuous Improvement (Burndy) - Manchester, NH
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 12/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Founded in 1924, BURNDY manufactures electrical connectors and installation tooling and wiring accessory products for the commercial, industrial and the electric utility markets. We are world-renowned for our robust product lines, commitment to innovation and exceptional customer-centered service.
Standing behind all those accomplishments are our people. It s this talent that we consider to be our company s greatest asset. As such, we are invested in your success.
BURNDY offers a wide range of health and welfare, incentive and educational opportunities that have earned us a reputation as one of the leading employers. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes: Medical, dental and vision insurance, a Retirement savings plan, Time away from work and more! We also offer great opportunities for Professional development and training: Leadership Development Program, Project management training, Six Sigma training, Toastmasters and more!
When you work at BURNDY, you can expect an environment where your expertise can engineer, build and supply the framework to merge the company s success with your own.
Provide LEAN/Six Sigma leadership and support across BURNDY US operations in concert with site-based LEAN personnel and Site Management. Will be directly responsible for the management and direction of site-based LEAN personal. Provide project management leadership and drive implementation of LEAN/Six Sigma initiatives related to manufacturing process improvements, product transfers, and restructuring projects. Conduct training and coaching in support of LEAN/Six Sigma initiatives.
Project assignments will include but are not limited to:
* Special projects as assigned in support of the Operations, Supply Chain and Quality groups. Business analysis and cross functional leadership in pursuit of Burndy LLC goals and objectives.
* The oversight of the transfer of product manufacturing mandates among sites.
* Coordinate cross-functional teamwork for product and process cost reduction opportunities in support and drive action items required for implementation.
Assist BURNDY manufacturing locations in Sustainability Initiative Projects. Working in a leadership role, creates benchmarking (internally and externally) with regard to Operations, Purchasing, Supply Chain and Quality. * May be assigned other projects when available, which may include product development, manufacturing improvement and support, and facilities/production capital investments. * Reports on a solid-line basis to the VP of Operations, but also receives direction from other senior staff members as well as Site Managers, depending on the projects assigned. * Oversees the collection of productivity data for the Operations team and constantly seeks out new opportunities for productivity gains. * Conducts site-level training on LEAN and Six Sigma (DMAIC) concepts and provides hands-on leadership during site LEAN and six sigma projects.
* B.S. in Engineering, Operations Management or similar field of study. B.S. in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
* Five-plus years experience in a manufacturing environment.
* Five-plus years Lean/Six Sigma practical experience.
* Six Sigma Black Belt Certification required.
* Minimum two years relevant training experience in Lean/Six Sigma principles.
* Five-plus years project management experience preferred.
* Strong written and verbal communications skills.
* Excellent facilitation/instructor skills required.
* Ability to demonstrate application of lean principle tools and methodologies in a manufacturing environment.
* High level of PC proficiency, including Microsoft Office Suite and Project/Management software. Experience in SAP Enterprise software a plus.
* Strong organizational and administrative skills.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
* Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
* Works well in group problem solving situations.
* Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.