This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 1/4/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONEssential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Manage, and support the team in, the contracting process for all business accounts and product lines to ensure we are monitoring and managing our risk in our contracts and related documents and to ensure such documents are created in accordance with departmental SOPS, policies and guidelines.
* Be the leader of the US team in managing, setting targets, assessing performance and providing clear direction and motivation to the staff on the team, in concert with Director, Contracts.
* Evaluate contract terms and conditions to determine and assess risk and other issues.
* Advise on, interpret and provide resolution of contract and related matters. When necessary, assist or lead negotiations with customers on contractual terms.
* May perform some level of review for certain core agreements e.g. Master Service Agreements ( MSAs ) prior to submitting to the Director of the department or legal counsel to make sure all terms and conditions of are acceptable. Work autonomously in the negotiation of contract terms, including direct negotiations with customer s general counsel and Senior Officers.
* Ensure the contracts team maintain all related data in the ERT contract database to ensure that accurate and concise information is obtained and captured, including booking new business and identifying backlog, and disseminated throughout the organization to Finance, Sales, Operations and Project Management and all relevant integrated systems
* Plan and ensure appropriate training and development of the US team as well as conducting appraisals and tracking performance metrics for reports. Prepare and maintain departmental metrics to monitor attainment and compliance with goals and objectives set by senior management team.
* Participate in interdepartmental projects as representative of the team, as needed.
* Assist with strategic deals and preparation of master service agreements and Statements of Work in a manner to protect company interests and maximize sales benefits.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assist Director, Contracts in the development of contract templates and forms and ensure they are being used by staff.
* Development and management of contract templates and forms ensuring compliance with SOP s
* Support initiatives of department to include recruitment, hiring, training and development of staff; and auditing of performance.
* Regular travel to other office locations as requested and required.
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description represent the major responsibilities of the position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, as required. This job description and any attachments do not constitute or represent a contract.
* Bachelors Degree required (Business or related degree preferred)
* Minimum of 5 years experience and established success in commercial contracting and management required; 1+ year's experience in a leadership role preferred
* Demonstrate a strong understanding of various contracts including confidentiality agreements, service agreements, licensing agreements and consulting agreements
* Demonstrated team leadership and staff management skills
* Excellent communication, negotiation and risk analysis/management skills
* Excellent computer skills including database management and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, plus the ability to learn new systems quickly
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.