Manager, Controls & Compliance
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Stanley Black & Decker
New Britain, CT
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
About the Team:
Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means joining one of the world s largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. Stanley Black & Decker is unique in that we ve got a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn t stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company poised and ready for the future.
Being a part of our team means living our core values of integrity, accountability, respect, speed, stretch, vision, and boundaryless. It means thriving in an environment of constant innovation and positive change. It means delivering tools, services, and solutions that the world counts on when it really matters. It means maintaining the highest standards in everything you do, every day.
About the Job:
Key member of the Controls and Compliance (C&C) team whose main function is to ensure a strong internal control environment worldwide. This individual will support all functions of the C&C department, primarily covering business controls compliance, but also supporting the IT team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Support C&C s periodic, repeatable functions when called upon, including among other functions the annual control narrative rollout, Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance review, Quarterly Representation Letters (QRLs), and semi-annual User Access Reviews (QARs)
* Support C&C ongoing project implementations, such as SAP GRC (Governance, Risk Management and Compliance) Access Controls and SAP Security Redesign.
* Be intimately familiar with, and maintain the SBD control framework, including:
* Business Controls framework
* Entity Level Controls (ELC s)
* Annually, collect data and draft the SBD ELC narratives to ensure compliance with COSO 2013; perform testing to ensure the controls function as designed. Defend SBD s ELC design and functionality with external auditors.
* As needed, support SBD management in the effort to reduce internal control risks worldwide to ensure the financial statements are free from potential material misstatements, significant deficiencies or control weaknesses. When called upon:
* Help identify control risk areas where they exist
* Recommend direct or mitigating controls
* Recommend automation of controls
* Work with teams to implement agreed upon controls
* Support other departments by answering ad hoc questions on matters related to internal controls
* Lead pre- and post- system implementations reviews and consult with project managers to ensure the new system will be free of control weaknesses. Report out on the review results. When in scope, work directly with the external auditors supplying evidence that the resulting system maintains adequate controls.
* As required, manage the integration of new businesses into the SBD Control framework
* Working closely with all Corporate Departments, advocate, Initiate and facilitate SBD s Corporate Finance and Accounting Policy creation and updates
* Prepare and present presentations as required, including:
* Pre-close slides for SBD businesses, quarterly
* System implementation reviews
* Ad hoc documentation
Required Qualifications / Experience
The candidate should have the following background or knowledge:
* Be intimately familiar with Sarbanes Oxley requirements and the COSO 2013 controls framework
* Experience with business processes and finance related controls
* Experience successfully managing small teams, ideally managing compliance or audit teams.
* Experience working with all management levels
* Familiarity with project management Software Development Life Cycle projects (SDLC) and experience performing pre and post implementation system reviews
* Ability to independently manage and successfully execute multiple tasks in a fast-paced, continuously-changing environment
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Strong analytical, oral and written communication and presentation skills
* Ability to meet deadlines
* Ability to identify transformational opportunities, initiate and implement projects that will streamline current processes and / or automate key IT and business controls
* Ability to provide guidance and transfer knowledge to less experienced team members
* Self-starter and motivated individual
* Experience enhancing / transforming / automating manual controls
* Strong competency with data bases / Advanced spreadsheet applications
* SAP experience
* GRC experience
Educational / Certifications Requirements:
* 4 year college degree, Business Accounting, Finance, Technology or related discipline major required
* Advanced Degree or CPA preferred
Why Stanley Black & Decker*
Stanley Black and Decker employees are given the opportunity to:
* Work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent - Stanley is committed to hiring and developing great people who have a passion for excellence and a commitment to continuous improvement.
* Utilize cutting-edge technology and processes- creating the next generation of products and services that will impact the world for generations to come.
* Foster growth and professional development capabilities - Because we are a large, global organization with many disciplines and locations, you'll have the opportunity to explore different roles. Plus, our continued growth constantly creates new advancement opportunities.
* Be recognized & rewarded - We value our employees, recognize their talent, encourage their growth and reward contributions.
At Stanley Black and Decker, we welcome talented and competitive people, and reward them with outstanding career development, personal growth and leadership opportunities. Join the winning team at a company whose reputation speaks for it.
Stanley Black & Decker provides their employees with a great work environment, a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, disability, 401k, ESPP, vacation, paid holidays, and more! Only those candidates who are currently eligible to work in the US will be considered for the opportunity.
Stanley Black & Decker is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.