Manager - Customer Development - Kroger
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONTitle: Customer Development Manager
* Location: Cincinnati, OH
* Field: Sales
* Required Work Experience: Minimum 5 - 7 Years with major retailer
The role is responsible for analyzing Marketing, Sales, Nielsen / IRI and Account Specific data for the purpose of managing the brands that we compete in for Kroger. Through this analysis, the CDM identifies business opportunities and strategies to grow the brands at Kroger across all categories.
Key Job Accountabilities
* Identify and present opportunities to drive growth within account
* Own, build plan to achieve, and follow through with opportunities
* Create Brand specific selling stories
* Shopper Insights
* JBP lead (including financial tracking)
* Brand Reporting and Analysis
* New item analysis
* Promotional analysis, ROI metrics using APEX and other systems
* Competitive analysis & insights, impact on our brands
* Monthly overview of 84.51 activities (Mailers, LCMs, BCCs, digital efforts, etc) and impact to HH and basket growth
* Support NAM in promotional planning via post-event analyses and recommendations
* Brand specific new item evaluation
* Top Door/Top Item Planning
* Assortment analyses
* Maintain hierarchies within custom databases
* Ad hoc requests (analyzer, 84.51 Shop, Neilsen, Market 6, ECRM and other systems)
* Best in Class reporting - Identify and anticipate needs of sales team and provide a one stop shop for all their reporting needs
* Collaborate with National Account Managers on brand strategies and tactics at assigned retailer
* Work with Category Management to gather insights on trends and research to help support selling stories
* Work 1:1 with retailers on strategic projects; Schedule, prepare, and lead period review meetings with buying team monthly
The Network you would Work With
* You will build strong relationships with members of sales team. You will also have close contact with senior management within the division and other department staff Including Marketing, Customer Marketing, Sales Admin, Sales Operations, Category Management, and VP, NSM. Externally you will be in close contact with account personnel including Category Management, Advertising, Merchandising, Logistics, and Finance.
Potential next steps with L\'Oreal after this role
* After a successful approximately 2 3 year period in this position, the possible next steps could internal New York positions within Sales operations such as Customer Marketing, Sales promotions/Planning/Training, National Account Manager
Qualifications, Knowledge & Know-How required
* Completion of a 4-year Bachelor s Degree in Business or a related area.
* 3+ years of experience in advanced analytics and/or account management in the consumer products industry with Kroger experience.
* Flexibility for overnight travel for periodic business needs.
* A Valid Driver s License.
* Ability to create an account specific selling story by utilizing a combination of data sources
* Strong communicator with collaborative spirit
* Results oriented.
* Masters multi-tasking and outstanding organization skills
* Outstanding computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
* Strong working knowledge syndicated/account specific data retrieval software: (84.51 shop; Nielsen, Market 6, ECRM, etc)
* Strong Business, Trade Math and Language application skills.
* Able to manage complex projects with little supervision
* Solid presentation skills.
* Good negotiating skills.
* Ability to adapt.
L'Oreal USA is an equal opportunity employer M / F / D / V.
With limited exception, candidates must be legally authorized to work without employer sponsorship, both currently and in the future.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.