Manager, Customer Meter Service Group
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
MANAGER, CUSTOMER METER SERVICE GROUP
JOB ID 20163089 DATE POSTED 09/09/2016 DescriptionAbout the Position:
As the Manager of the Customer Meter Services Group, you will be responsible for overseeing the customer meter service operations management organization within a geographical area. Directly managing the local CMS field activities that are part of the meter reading, field collections, emergency response, mandated meter work and customer-generated meter work processes. Ensure safe and reliable gas and electric service at minimum cost, consistent with established service quality standards, company objectives, strategies and policies and in full compliance with governmental codes and regulations.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
* Manage the efforts and resources of the CMS team in the area in order to ensure safety, reliability, security and integrity of the gas and electric distribution system consistent with company goals, objectives and policies in full compliance with existing and future government codes and regulations.
* Translate business objectives into clearly defined business cases, costs or schedules in order to support achievement of operational area.
* Co-ordinate wire down response during electric emergencies and the field response to gas system emergencies including operational response and stakeholder and media communications management in order to protect public safety and/ or restore services.
* Develop and sustain a labor relations strategy in conjunction with the Director of Labor Strategy, to improve operational flexibility and increase efficiencies. This involves regular meetings with union officials and support to the formal negotiations process.
* Promote the philosophy of safe team working and development across CMS operations in order to achieve business objectives and continuously improve performance. Prioritizes work and allocates resources of the CMS team in order to ensure that the CMS work plan is delivered in line with expectations and business objectives.
* Manage CMS process activities in order to achieve high productivity, low costs and efficient work practices and to ensure compliance with National Grid policies and procedures and exceed service quality indices.
* Monitor and challenge business processes in order to ensure National Grid is compliant with regulators and SHE.
* Keep regulators up to date and informed on National Grid regulatory programs in order to ensure they are managed appropriately and in line with regulatory requirements.
* Develop and manage ongoing relationships with customers and key stakeholders within the jurisdiction (including State Regulators, DPW officials, Police and Fire Departments, City and Town Managers and associations that support these constituencies) in order to identify and deliver solutions that benefit both parties. Maintains relationships with stakeholders and customer where disruption is caused by essential maintenance and construction work, ensuring that complaints service and applications for mitigating circumstances are co-ordinated.
* Challenge existing ways of working and continuously seek ways to do things better in order to drive greater efficiencies throughout the gas business units within assigned area and process lead area.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
* Bachelor's Degree is preferred preferably in an Engineering, Construction, or Business discipline with a minimum of 5 years experience. In lieu of a degree, a minimum of 10 years of work experience preferably in a program or project management role.
* Demonstrates the ability to apply and modify complex theories and learned concepts appropriately.
* Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills including stakeholder communications and human resource management. Lets people affected by a decision know what's happening and is able to clearly articulate reasons for a decision.
* Understands theory behind policies and processes and demonstrates the ability to challenge existing processes and ways of working e.g. taking action to avoid future crisis or create opportunities to improve existing practices.
* Demonstrates knowledge of the local state and regulatory frameworks and understands how these should be applied within National Grid.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise.We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve.National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
:Maint & Construction
:Maint & Construction
:Sep 9, 2016, 10:31:37 AM
:Oct 8, 2016, 11:59:00 PM