Manager, Data Science Consultant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWelcome to SapientNitro. We're an agency changing the game -- redefining the way that brands engage consumers by creating compelling stories and experiences that attract and resonate across an ever-evolving landscape. Our work pushes past boundaries and channels. It wins awards. But most importantly, it makes an impact for our clients and their customers. And makes us excited to step through the door each morning. We help one another climb, we dont climb over one another. Integrity and a team-driven environment connect entrepreneurial minds. Getting goose bumps? Good. If youre ready to be an Idea Engineer with the brightest minds in the industry and do things that haven't yet been imagined, lets see where you can put your talents to work.
Manager, Data Science Consultant
Sapient is looking for a DATA SCIENCE CONSULTANT to join its Data Science practice. The role combines the passion for finding opportunity areas in the eCommerce, AdTech and business transformation domain, an experience in consulting with expertise in methods in machine learning and statistical analysis.
As part of the team, you will be responsible for helping teams better define product or project goals, objectives and requirements mapped to the core practice areas. In this role you will educate internal and external teams on conceptual models for problem solving in the machine learning realm and help client teams translate goals and objectives into data driven solutions.
This individual will interface with senior client marketing, technical and executive management to ensure strategic focus throughout the concept, design and execution of the solution. The role is critical in helping advance the application of machine learning as a core building block to core market offerings in eCommerce, advertising, AdTech and business transformation.
As an evangelist for data science, you will partner with leaders in various SapientNitro divisions, industries and geographies, in order to ensure that increasingly more solutions we bring to the market are data driven and are supported by a strong data sciences group.
Core areas of focus for this group includes applications in customer segmentations, media and advertising optimization solutions, developing recommender systems, fraud analytics, personalization systems and forecasting.
RESPONSIBILITIES (IN ADDITION TO WHATS LISTED ABOVE)
* Research and bring innovations to develop next generation solutions in core functional areas related to digital marketing & customer experience solution blocks - Content and Commerce, AdTech, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Campaign Management
* Provide thought leadership, coaching and mentorship in the field of data science in working with engineering and other cross functional teams
* Evolve the approach for the application of machine learning to existing program and project disciplines
* Assess client needs and requirements to ensure your team is adopting the appropriate approach to solve client challenges
* Lead solution scoping and definition for data science engagements
* Guide, mentor and grow data science consultants
* Ability to manage and grow complex client relationships
* Strong problem identification and analytical skills
* BS/MS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics or other quantitative or computational field
* 5 years in consulting background with experience in developing analytical solutions
* Proven ability to identify and cultivate new business opportunities
* Excellent oral and written communication and experience in developing data centered communications with senior clients
* An understanding of methods in machine learning and its applications in customer segmentations, media and advertising optimization solutions, developing recommender systems, fraud analytics, personalization systems and forecasting
* Experience in interpreting results of statistical analysis
* Experience in statistical programming in R, SAS, SPSS, MATLAB or Python a plus
* Excellent quantitative skills and the ability to tell a story using data
* Ability to initiate and drive projects from conception to completion with minimal guidance
* Passionate about turning data into actionable insights
SapientNitro, part of Publicis.Sapient, is a new breed of agency redefining storytelling for an always-on world. Were changing the way our clients engage todays connected consumers by uniquely creating integrated, immersive stories across brand communications, digital engagement, and omni-channel commerce. We call it Storyscaping, where art and imagination meet the power and scale of systems thinking. SapientNitros unique combination of creative, brand and technology expertise results in one global team collaborating across disciplines, perspectives and continents to create game-changing success for our Global 1000 clients, such as Chrysler, Citi, The Coca-Cola Company, Lufthansa, Target, and Vodafone, in 31 cities across The Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific. For more information, visit http://www.sapientnitro.com/.
Sapient is a registered service mark of Sapient Corporation.
*REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS ROLE, WHICH INCLUDE HEARING, SPEAKING, TYPING, AND OCCASIONALLY MOVING AND/OR LIFTING UP TO 15 POUNDS.
SAPIENT US IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS TO SAPIENT US WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS.