Manager, Data Systems Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONKPMG is proud to foster a high-performance culture, one that's defined by having the best people, with the skills and determination to deliver above and beyond. We look for insightful, astute forward-thinking professionals who are also strategic, confident, globally minded and an out-of-the-box thinker. Our KPMG Technology organization conceptualizes, delivers, and supports the technology that our clients, partners and professionals need to succeed. We are driven to reduce risk, enable mobile and productive teams, and identify efficient and effective solutions to meet the demands of our collective clients every day globally and via mobile. We are currently seeking a Data Systems Engineer, to join our KPMG Technology Group in our Roseland, NJ office.
- Develop roadmaps and participate in the standards process for Data Solutions
- Partner with architecture teams to develop solution designs
- Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of industry directions and trends in the area of system engineering
- Drive to deliver technology and products in the roadmap on schedule and with the highest quality
- Provide advice, guidance and direction to carry out plans and procedures, ensuring schedule attainment, product development process adherence, performance and budget targets are met
- Provide last tier support for operations and support teams, including root cause analysis and preventative analysis
- Minimum five years of experience working in an IT environment with at least three years managing and supporting projects
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related discipline from an accredited college or university
- Extensive experience with relational databases including SQL Server and Oracle 11g
- Ability to analyze and deploy proof-of-concepts in a lab environment using data centric technologies
- Ability to engineer solutions in database high availability solutions including Windows clustering, Oracle RAC, and scale out architectures; common database designs including OLTP, reporting, and OLAP; big data processing and analytic technologies including Hadoop, R, and stream processing; standard and ad hoc reporting solutions; ETL and MDM data management tools; dashboard and visualization technologies; and structured and unstructured search technologies
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
No phone calls or agencies please.
One Firm. One Team. Countless Opportunities.
KPMG, an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace.
KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). .