Manager/Director, Credit Risk
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe fastest growing Big Four professional services firm in the U.S., KPMG is known for being a great place to work and build a career. We provide audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager/Director in Financial Risk Management - Credit Risk for our New York, Orange County, Los Angels KPMG Risk Consulting practice. We also have opportunities in other cities.
- Assist audit and advisory clients in evaluating consumer loan portfolio risk assessment models
- Develop loan portfolio stress testing models using economic variables
- Create consumer credit loss forecasting methodologies for clients
- Evaluate analytical models and methodologies used in consumer credit lending, account management, and collections
- Participate in the proposal process for potential engagements
- Serve as mentor to staff and new hires
Additional Responsibilities for Director:
- Oversee various engagement personnel
- Regularly communicate with project sponsors and other interested client parties
- Manage various facets of engagement including risk management, project acceptance, billing, delivery, and collections
- Develop and sell new and existing clients, including development of marketing plans and sales strategies
- Eight years of work experience in credit risk
- Master's and/or PhD degree in Engineering, Operations Research, Physics, Mathematics, or Statistics from an accredited college/university
- Experience in the application of underwriting and behavior scoring models, prepayment and loan account attrition models, loss forecasting, economic risk analysis, and other business analysis tools used in consumer and small business lending
- Progressive experience leading teams and managing projects
- Ability to develop and sustain meaningful client relationships
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
Additional Qualifications for Director:
- Ten years of related work experience in a financial services and consulting firm
- PhD degree in Engineering, Operations Research, Physics, Mathematics, or Statistics from an accredited college/university
- Well established understanding of business dynamics and regulations
- Established network of industry contacts and business development opportunities
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to gain the confidence and respect of various levels
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG, an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace. KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). No phone calls or agencies please. .